Potential build question

270DT

I have a Sako 995 TRG-S chambered in 7.21 Lazzeroni Firebird. Same bolt face as a 338 lapua. Eventually I am going to run out of brass and Lazz brass is crazy expensive. Any suggestions on a rebarrel for a hunting rifle setup? I was thinking 30-378 but open to suggestions.

Unless you plan to shoot the barrel out, buying brass is still going to be the least expensive route, the big weatherby cases are certainly a option, as well as a handful of options of lapua based cartridges, in today's world by the time you run out of firebird cases there is likely to be a flavor cartridge of the month to play with,

I have a Sako 995 TRG-S chambered in 7.21 Lazzeroni Firebird. Same bolt face as a 338 lapua. Eventually I am going to run out of brass and Lazz brass is crazy expensive. Any suggestions on a rebarrel for a hunting rifle setup? I was thinking 30-378 but open to suggestions.
My SAKO M995 is in .300 WM. Depending on the bullet you are going to load and unless your action have a COAL of 4.00" I would go with .300 NM/I or .338 NM/I. Good luck!

300 Norma Mag Imp. 33 or 35°.
20240420_081045.jpg

If .30 caliber is your goal then the .300 Norma Mag. is your choice to make.

One, it's shorter than x378 cases so you can use those longer for caliber bullets with less encroachment on powder space.

Two, there is a huge selection of .30 cal. bullets available from virtually all manufacturers.

Three, this case is being used by the U.S. government so the supply of cases should be better assured for the near future.

Four, there is a large supply of reloading information available to source your needs.

Easy, simple solution.

😊

Personally, if I had the 7.21 Firebird and needed brass, I'd neck down the 7.82 Patriot cases.
Lazzeroni is showing them for $159 for 50.

When I built my 284 Win, I paid the same for Norma brass.

My Weatherby brass isn't THAT much cheaper.
$106 for 50 Peterson.

The firebird is the long action the patriot is the short mag. I think the 7.82 warbird is the 30 cal long action round

Also that is $159.99 for 20 pieces not 50.