POLL: Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

• MOA Turrets and MOA Reticle

• MIL Turrets and MIL Reticle

• Mil Dot Reticle with MOA Turrets

• MOA Reticle with MIL Turrets

Results are only viewable after voting.
MOA and MOA for me. Grew up with MOA so it's easier for me. My boys would likely prefer MIL having grown up in the metric system but they might surprise me.

I ask Leupold why a 10 year old Mark four I owned had MOA turrets and a Mil reticle. I was told it was all about their military contracts. Those outdated specs were the reason. Never did, and still doesn't, make any sense to me.

ask

Yea. I hear you. Its outdated for sure. And to be honest With strait MOA you are able to have more control over where the bullet is placed. 1/4 MOA one click is .250 MOA and with mill one click is .34377 MOA The difference per click is only about .9377 @ 1000 yards. Not much but it get bigger the farther out you go.

They both are good a long as its MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL. LOL

I just prefer MOA. It makes more sense. Its what I learned on though.

I prefer MOA/MOA on all of my scopes. I'm used to it and don't have to do math in my head to convert to MIL.

MIL Turrets and MIL reticle, First Focal Plane
Mil reticle in spotting scope (FFP) and Mil reticle in binoculars

Mil/Mil for me, allows for quicker adjustments (less dialing), but also see the merits for Moa/Moa for more precise adjustments.

MOA, MOA. The mil system is not complicated if you understand metric. But I dont understand why you would want 2 different systems in a scope. Work smarter not harder.

I prefer MOA reticle with MOA turrets personally, but wouldn't be adverse to trying a MIL/MIL set up. I did buy a Zeiss V6 with MIL reticle and MOA adjustments to mount on a friends rifle. I bought it for glass quality and price. I've tinkered with it a bit, shot it and it's a bit confusing at first. But like any scope rifle combo if one was to spend a bit of time and make a dope sheet for dial and mil holdover sheet it would probably be just fine. All in all, I'd rather have same/same as opposed to mil/moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.