POLL: Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

• MOA Turrets and MOA Reticle

• MIL Turrets and MIL Reticle

• Mil Dot Reticle with MOA Turrets

• MOA Reticle with MIL Turrets

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would you rather have a long range scope with:
  • MOA Turrets and MOA reticle
  • MIL Turrets and MIL reticle
  • Mil Dot Reticle with MOA turrets
  • MOA Reticle with MIL turrets
PLEASE ENTER YOUR ANSWER IN THE POLL
Mil Dot Reticle with Mil Dot turrets

OK folks just to clear things up: I am reviewing a scope for this magazine. It has MOA turrets and Mil dot reticle. I thought this was strange. The maker said in their pole, shooters preferred this combination. The scope is set up for dialing plenty of MOA plus using lots of mils. I just want to know how you, our readers, feel.

Mixed reticle and turrets are a hard pass for me. I won't even entertain the idea of buying one. I prefer mil/mil but do have a few moa/moa scopes

Mil Dot Reticle with Mil Dot turrets
Should have added that this is what I learned in the military and I use mils at work on an almost daily basis so I end up having to look up what the MOA equivalent would be. Mils on the other hand are just second nature anymore

I ask Leupold why a 10 year old Mark four I owned had MOA turrets and a Mil reticle. I was told it was all about their military contracts. Those outdated specs were the reason. Never did, and still doesn't, make any sense to me.
I for one do not want it. BUT would do it just for the price point. LOL I am rather cheap though. There's a scope I want BUT its MOA turrets with mill recticle. Still have not got it for that reason. I feel its rather unwise for a scope manufacturer to do it.
ask

Great answer. I've always used MOA and its second nature to me. I truly believe it's whatever you feel most comfortable with. Mixed turret / reticle Combo's never made sense to me.
Should have added that this is what I learned in the military and I use mils at work on an almost daily basis so I end up having to look up what the MOA equivalent would be. Mils on the other hand are just second nature anymore
t

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.