PLEASE HELP

BMF6.5

I have a Thompson Center Venture in 204. It's a great shooter but recently the bolt release has broken and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. I hate to give up on this nice little rifle just because of this part. Can anyone help me locate one?

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_5802.jpeg
    IMG_5802.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5803.jpeg
    IMG_5803.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 47
I have a Thompson Center Venture in 204. It's a great shooter but recently the bolt release has broken and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. I hate to give up on this nice little rifle just because of this part. Can anyone help me locate one?

Thanks all
Do you have the two broken pieces? Maybe a Weld Shop in your area or GS can fix it.
I have the equipment to repair it but have not did that kind of work in years. If all else fails send us a PM!
Len & Jill

I only have one piece.
Was there just one piece that wore down or did a piece break off and was lost due to the small size? I you had the broken pieces that could be welded or a new piece made off of it.
If you can give us more information on the Model # and maybe we can find something to make the FIX.
I remember about the TC Center 22 Classic. We have one and all parts were discontinued many years ago.
There are some places that still have some left-over parts for TC.
Keep doing searches and actually calling retailers. Also try E-Bay.
If you can find someone that has the same rifle and get detailed pictures for the Bolt Release and GS could add a piece to your broken part.
I'll keep looking for you.
It can get fixed one way or another.
Do you know what metal the part is made of? Steel, Die cast, aluminum?
Did it just "Snap Off-Break"
How did you notice it was broke?

Thanks
Len & Jill

Was there just one piece that wore down or did a piece break off and was lost due to the small size? I you had the broken pieces that could be welded or a new piece made off of it.
If you can give us more information on the Model # and maybe we can find something to make the FIX.
I remember about the TC Center 22 Classic. We have one and all parts were discontinued many years ago.
There are some places that still have some left-over parts for TC.
Keep doing searches and actually calling retailers. Also try E-Bay.
If you can find someone that has the same rifle and get detailed pictures for the Bolt Release and GS could add a piece to your broken part.
I'll keep looking for you.
It can get fixed one way or another.
Do you know what metal the part is made of? Steel, Die cast, aluminum?
Did it just "Snap Off-Break"
How did you notice it was broke?

Thanks
Len & Jill
Exactly the piece that locks the bolt in the receiver is what just snapped off. I noticed it when I went to remove the bolt to clean it. Could not find the broken piece.

I have made a rear portion that seems to be working fine but it doesn't look too good. If I can't find anything this will have to work.

Attachments

• IMG_5805.jpeg
    IMG_5805.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 74329327054__112DD488-218F-470B-AABB-8CFE31289DD7.jpeg
    74329327054__112DD488-218F-470B-AABB-8CFE31289DD7.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5802.jpeg
    IMG_5802.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 23
Exactly the piece that locks the bolt in the receiver is what just snapped off. I noticed it when I went to remove the bolt to clean it. Could not find the broken piece.

I have made a rear portion that seems to be working fine but it doesn't look too good. If I can't find anything this will have to work.
WOW Good JOB!
Did you epoxy the piece on or weld it?
Keep a mold of it now in case it break again and then you can have a welder/GS attach the end piece that you made.
Great Fix so you can shoot!!!!!
That piece you made can be Tig Welded on or Brazed.
Len & Jill