Passing of a life long friend.

Sorry for your loss. I lost both my best hunting buddies in the last 5 years. I think about them often. Both gave me rifles years past so I got the bottom metal engraved with their names and passing dates.
I'd given him a CZ 550 in 270 Win two decades ago. His favorite rifle. He even said it was to be in his will. He started going downhill from dementia three years ago. He stopped taking care of his guns and farm equipment. I asked his son if I could get the CZ back, which he agreed to. I refinished it, put a very good scope on it and gave it to his great niece who had asked for Uncle Genes 270. She and her dad came by a couple of months ago when I had finished it. She didn't know I was giving it to her. A bunch of tears shed and stories told, and now its part of her family. Worth every penny I spent on it.

My Game warden buddy died this past Saturday. Had been a great friend for almost five decades. He was there when my son was born, when my mother died. We hunted all over Alabama when his warden positions changed to new addresses. He could find the best places to hunt everywhere he went. His wife called me her little brother. I'm in a serious funk. Really sucks to watch your friends grow old and pass. I know many of you are doing the same.

Gods speed Donald Eugene Houston.
Sorry for the loss of a lifelong friend. Remember all those good time!
God Bless 🙏