Palo Pinto County Hog Hunt Part 3

Double Naught Spy

This week, I returned with dfwroadkill to PP to do some more hog hunting. He had been there a couple of days already and had taken some hogs. So the hogs were a bit harder to find this time. While we got onto hogs twice, we saw more hogs that were either off property or way too far away.

The second part of the video involves a long stalk we made. Basically, the hogs were too far away and the wind was at our backs and blowing right to the hogs. Between those aspects and the crunch vegetation on the ground, it was going to be a very hard stalk. Sure enough, about 300 yards out, the sounder took off. However, they didn't go far and we closed the distance a bit. After all that, we both blew our opening shots, but made up for them with some nifty long range head shots.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZmMa0_HXc_o[/ame]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMa0_HXc_o&feature=youtu.be

DNS,

Thanks for sharing! Glad to see that at least somebody is out killing hogs. I've been asked to hold off on hog hunting for a little while until the landowners were I hunt are satisfied they've captured all the hogs in the traps they can catch. It's their property so I will respect their wishes, but I'm ready to go kill something! It may be a good thing I'm on lockdown, since one of my employees gave me the flu.

We had quite a bit of rain the last several days here in South Carolina, so hopefully the hogs will get pushed to higher ground. Waters will be up for several days, so hopefully I get the go ahead to go kill some pigs.

Hey man, I have been trying to keep them a tad longer to help with your addiction. It helps when working with the material from 2 folks.

Make the landowner happy, as you say, then go out and show him how many hogs the traps missed!!!

Always keep the landowner happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.