Outdoor Edge Razor-Blaze replaceable-blade knife

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
We just got in the new Outdoor Edge Razor-Blaze replaceable-blade knives. They are really cool. Similar to Havalon Knives in that you can replace the blades as they get dull, but sturdier and stronger more like a traditional knife.

CLICK HERE to buy.

Razor-Blaze-2.jpg

Razor-Blaze.jpg

Their swing blade is one of my favorite knives. What are the blades like on these? Are they resharpen-able or disposable? How long will a blade last?

Thanks,

Scot

You can sharpen the blades. I haven't bothered. I used 2 blades boning out the quarters of one bull this fall.

Andy

I received one of these for Xmas so I have no field experience with it's useability.

For those of you that have used this in the field in below zero or bad weather - question for you. How have you found the slot where you remove/insert new blade to be when you have had it in the hair/blood of an animal? Does it get full of junk and get clogged or does the replaceing a blade go pretty smooth?

I have had the swing blade since they came out. Great for opening up the hide as we use the gutless method but the quality of the actual blade is marginal and does not keep an edge like a good quality blade. I also have used the Havalon replaceable blade knife for years but you can not get carried away for one second or you snap a blade.

Hopefully - this is the better of both worlds but the above is my major concern after just inspecting it - time will tell. In decent weather I think it will be fine - when stuff freezes in 5 seconds I fear potential problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.