OTC Rifle Hunt

timmymic

Couple of buddies and I are trying to find an OTC rifle antelope hunt. Not looking to shoot anything giant. Are there any options for OTC Rifle?

No OTC rifle that I'm aware of anywhere. A few archery hunts are still otc. Any real easy to draw rifle buck antelope tag probably has some issues. Limited Public access, private land only etc. If somebody has found a buck tag that they can draw every year and have a good DIY hunt on public I'm guessing they are keeping that top secret.

I'm not aware of any over the counter antelope hunts. South Dakota used to do over the counter archery antelope but no longer for out of state residents.

I drew on my first attempt with zero preference points in Wyoming. You might give that a shot.

No OTC rifle that I'm aware of anywhere. A few archery hunts are still otc. Any real easy to draw rifle buck antelope tag probably has some issues. Limited Public access, private land only etc. If somebody has found a buck tag that they can draw every year and have a good DIY hunt on public I'm guessing they are keeping that top secret.
side-eye-monkey.gif

20240110_160616.jpg

20240110_160613.jpg

What did you shoot with your AZ tag Lance?
A great DIY buck. 581 yds, 6.5PRC/SI. Totally solo, and really hot, so photos are very limited as I had to get him cut up and packed out to get him on ice quickly.

Had it green scored by a P&Y official scorer (not officially) that my taxidermist is friends with at 84 7/8". I got 83 7/8", so I will take the 84+ and run with it. Tall, heavy all the way up, decent cutters, beautiful ivory tips.

20230909_073414.jpg

20230909_085207.jpg