Opinion’s on Christensen Arms MPR .338LM

Blaine2009

What is the general consensus on the Christensen Arms MPR in .338 Lapua Magnum? I've been thinking about picking one up and selling my current .338 setup. The MPR is lighter than my current rifle, and more suited for my use.

I don't know about the 338lm, but I got one in 6.5 creed a few weeks ago, and I like it. The chasis is about three times as nice as the sig cross I used to own, and that's not a knock on the Cross chasis. The trigger is excellent, the carbon fiber hand guard is growing on me, but it's not like anything else I'd ever handled. It drips quality though, machining and fit and finish are exceptional. The folding stock mechanism is really, really smooth and solid. Locks up and unlocks easily, holds closed with a strong magnet. Tunable muzzle brake too, which I haven't even looked at yet, but it's very well made. The magazine cutout is a really cool look, definitely unlike anything else. I bought mine with the idea that if I didnt like it, I'd sell the christensen chasis and buy a traditional stock or an MPA chasis, but I really like it.

My only Christensen barrel pressured up below book start loads. Had to shoot lighter bullets and lower velocities. Pulled it and replaced it.

Google Christensen Pressure issues, you may find somethings on here about them. One thing that turned me off was they recommended not using handloads...who does that.

Very light for the length. Accuracy was good also, but just not what I was looking for.

My only Christensen barrel pressured up below book start loads. Had to shoot lighter bullets and lower velocities. Pulled it and replaced it.

Google Christensen Pressure issues, you may find somethings on here about them. One thing that turned me off was they recommended not using handloads...who does that.

Very light for the length. Accuracy was good also, but just not what I was looking for.
The conversation im seeing on pressure issues has to do with other models of Christensen Arms and/or 6.5PRC. I've not seen anything online about pressure issues in the MPR .338LM

I think I you'll find that every manufacturer out there either discourages the use of hand loads, or they tell you that using them will void your warranty. I think that's pretty standard.