One of THOSE Days

just_jon

Headed to my club range around noon today to test some 196 HH in my 300WM and 195 Bergers in my 280 Ackley. After a scenic 20 mile drive on a warm afternoon, I got everything set up when I realized I forgot to bring paper targets. After a search of the trash receptacles failed to turn up anything useable, I packed up the truck and made the 5 mile drive to the nearest hardware store. Happy that I had salvaged my day, I unloaded all the gear and hung targets only to discover I had forgotten my 300WM ammo. Expletives spewed forth but not one to be denied, I pulled out the 280AI only to find the bolt missing. You guessed correctly if you guessed It was sitting 20 miles away on my bench alongside the targets and 300WM ammo. Admitting defeat and having nothing else to shoot, I drove t9 the nearest bar and commenced turning my frown upside down. There's always tomorrow.

Headed to my club range around noon today to test some 196 HH in my 300WM and 195 Bergers in my 280 Ackley. After a scenic 20 mile drive on a warm afternoon, I got everything set up when I realized I forgot to bring paper targets. After a search of the trash receptacles failed to turn up anything useable, I packed up the truck and made the 5 mile drive to the nearest hardware store. Happy that I had salvaged my day, I unloaded all the gear and hung targets only to discover I had forgotten my 300WM ammo. Expletives spewed forth but not one to be denied, I pulled out the 280AI only to find the bolt missing. You guessed correctly if you guessed It was sitting 20 miles away on my bench alongside the targets and 300WM ammo. Admitting defeat and having nothing else to shoot, I drove t9 the nearest bar and commenced turning my frown upside down. There's always tomorrow.
Don't mean to laugh, but it was definitely a difficult day for you. Reminds me of going hunting one time and didn't bring any ammo or my .44 Model 29 which I could have used at least for short range. I almost thought of getting a long stick and cutting a point on it to use as a spear from my tree stand. Then looked and didn't bring my knife either.

You never know what worse luck your bad luck saved you from.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Man…

Make yourself an inventory list (checklist) for the range, and check things off as they are loaded into your vehicle. I did this and assigned the responsibility of completion to an instructor each time. We went to multiple training areas and ranges daily and things were always getting left behind prior to doing that…used to really p!$$ me off!😂