one more from Montana

minute of elk

greetings LRH!

i've been lurking for the last 9 months or so, joined up a month or two ago, and i'm getting tired of the pop up when i log in encouraging me to make my first post here...

anyways, i grew up in rural MT (shooting things), got bored of guns, switched to compounds, then longbows, and back to guns again.

i've been spending some time reading articles here & feel the need to say THANK YOU! there's a ton of information here, and a bit less attitude than other sites i've been known to frequent.

i've been putting in some trigger time with the 10/22 while i do some tuning & tweaking on my bolt guns. i recently took my 270 out to 810 yards & found myself addicted to dialing, so, basically i'm in trouble.

hopefully i can get my loads dialed & make it to some of the Mt shoots to meet some of you in person.

Rob

This is a much more relaxed site, and very informative. I too am looking forward to meeting up with other members, maybe at a shoot in Townsend or somewhere in between. I'm over in Miles City if you ever get this way.

Scott

Thanks guys!

Jeff, I'll be in touch with you soon. I'm positive I can make it to a few shoots after I get my poop grouped a little better. I think I'm only a few ladders away from having the 270 ready.
I'm also having Glen Demaray redo my 7WSM into a 7SAUM (Winchester action- looks like it'll feed the 180's). And then there's the 338LM that needs a load worked up, too.
No shortage of irons in the fire right now...

And Scott- depending on how my speed goat draws go I may be visiting west Dakota this fall. ;) I went to HS in Glendive & haven't been back to that side of the state since. I also heard rumor of a fun shoot near Jordan?

I updated my profile to show where I live (Bozeman), but I've been doing most of my shooting near 3 forks (copper city).

Banks again for the friendly welcome!
Rob

Always good to have an other Montana guy on board! The shoots that Broz puts on are really good and getting better all the time!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.