OK, a silly 6.5 Creed question, which to buy ?

Fieldcraft or a NULA. You will inevitably put money into those more budget guns like a tikka.

Tikka stocks are pretty much junk, the barrels are slow and pencil thin…you can only polish a turd so much with aftermarket parts. Actions aren't great on either, but they both shoot if that's all that matters. You'll be into that tikka for $2k after a new stock, BDL and barrel and now you might as well have just bought a Seekins or some other mid-tier semi custom and been done with it.

Last edited:
I just don't want everything under the sun to turn into another GD project.
This is exactly where I'm at. I'm looking at a 6.5 of some flavor, not necessarily a Creed, but just want to buy it and shoot it.
I'm leaning towards a Savage 110 Predator or Apex Storm just for the ease of changing it up if/when I get tired of it.

Good luck in your search!

I would look at the Howa 1500. Buy it and shoot it. Something like this:

I ended up with a Nosler M48 Liberty. I'd look at their new one. It's really had without a budget. I'm pretty sure almost every rifle is chambered in it. Your options are endless. Also do you just want a hunting rifle or something closer to a comp rifle.

Fieldcraft or a NULA. You will inevitably put money into those more budget guns like a tikka.

Tikka stocks are pretty much junk, the barrels are slow and pencil thin…you can only polish a turd so much with aftermarket parts. Actions aren't great on either, but they both shoot if that's all that matters. You'll be into that tikka for $2k after a new stock, BDL and barrel and now you might as well have just bought a Seekins or some other mid-tier semi custom and been done with it.
In relation to the OP, I would disagree 100%. A savage LRP among many other offerings are under $1k and are usually more accurate than the shooter well past 1,000 yards with no modifications. Mount a scope buy some factory ammo and you're done. Sure if you are competing and need a .2 rifle you will have to go a different route but that's not OP's situation.

In relation to the OP, I would disagree 100%. A savage LRP among many other offerings are under $1k and are usually more accurate than the shooter well past 1,000 yards with no modifications. Mount a scope buy some factory ammo and you're done.
I've seen plenty of ultralights posted that shoot well over an inch. Not acceptable to me in a rifle.

But disagree all you like, this is a forum for discussion afterall.