View attachment 595634

View attachment 595636

Here is a magnum case:
View attachment 595637

Here is a 308 based case:
View attachment 595639

Here is one of the bolt heads with close to 7K rounds on it:
View attachment 595641

The all fit in there fairly snug when out of the chamber. As noted there is a little movement, however very minimal.

Is there anything else you would like to see?
That's really helpful. Thank you for taking the time to get the photos uploaded for me, I appreciate it. Zermatt is sending me a different .308 bolt head to compare to the one I have, no questions asked. I'm really impressed with their customer service. I asked if I could send mine in for them to have a look at and they said they'd just send me a new one with a return shipping label. That's a good American company for you.

Well yes and no. You stated it appears .001" off-centre, this may be true, or it may be what it appears due to pressure pushing it one way in the body. All firing pins move in the body, if it moves to one side consistently, then there is a force pushing it that way, if it was consistently all over the place, then it is from too much clearance. If you draw a line across the case head and align it the same way each time you chamber a round, this will tel you a lot about what's going on.
Remington had a huge problem with 2 things, the firing pin spring would go into an 'S' shape when cocked, this would force the assembly off-centre and drag inside the bolt causing a harmonic disruption, often causing bent firing pins, the other problem was that the entire bolt was being forced in the opposite direction of the plunger ejector causing a crooked bolt condition, which was evidenced by off-centre primer strikes. It took us some time and effort figuring that one out. New springs in both rectified the problem.
Have you had the bolt apart?
I have found swarf and other objects inside brand new bolt bodies on several occasions, even broken firing pin springs, retaining pins protruding and poorly machined holes with huge burrs on the edges.
All of this can and does cause alignment issues, even bending firing pins…

Cheers.
I have had the bolt apart but am not seeing anything that doesn't look correct. I shot a .35 inch 100 yard group yesterday, so I'm probably just going to stop caring about it being little off center and enjoy the rifle. Thank you for your response and knowledge, it sounds like you know your stuff.