OEM Primers

bill123

Just got a delivery of CCI Large Rifle Magnum primers that I bought on Gun Broker. I know, I shouldn't buy from them but I was desperate. The Box isn't the usual Blue and says "OEM" on it. What are OEM primers?

Photo of the box? Is it a black/white box? Do they say "Not for Resale, Commercial Use Only" on the box?

Usually, CCI LRM are the CCI250.

Last edited:
B&W

Attachments

• IMG_5839.jpg
    IMG_5839.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 216
The question then is how easy is it to get those if you are not a high volume ammo manf? Its not like there is surplus with overruns to be resold. Is it more likely someone might have had sticky hands? Or are their honest avenues to acquire them in OEM packaging?

I know nothing about how tightly controled that is by the primer/ammo manf companies.

Maybe that's how ammo companies hand out bonuses?

I ordered 2K of CCI 250's online from a reputable place I've ordered from before and got the black and white OEM box commercial use not for resale. Off to google i went and found this thread so I thought I'd post. Honestly don't care how store got a hold of them, just glad I was able to get some. Magnum primers are almost unobtainium...

The question then is how easy is it to get those if you are not a high volume ammo manf? Its not like there is surplus with overruns to be resold. Is it more likely someone might have had sticky hands? Or are their honest avenues to acquire them in OEM packaging?

I know nothing about how tightly controled that is by the primer/ammo manf companies.

Maybe that's how ammo companies hand out bonuses?

Could be the ammo maker over ordered and decided to sell off the surplus. You could contact CCI and ask them.

I received the same white box of CCI 250s from Reloading Unlimited a few weeks ago. I just went to their website to check and the have CCI 200s so I ordered 1k of those too. Picture shows blue box but I won't be surprised if they are also in the white box labeled " not for resale". I should be set for quite some time with primers now. whew..