NXS Customer Service Tops

Pete -- for those prices it definitely makes more sense.

Over here i can get a 22xNXS for $1300 or less, and the 4-16 PM2 is about 1000$ more... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JB

[ QUOTE ]
The Special Operations Command might have some S&Bs, but they have a little of everything….. They get all the toys!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif As I play with my EOTech, and S&B. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry all, I must chide in. Pete isn't wrong with his perspective. We know that S&B carry's a reputation worth betting a life on. At the same time, many SEALS, (US Navy Contract with NF) bet their lives on NF's equipment as well. Both manufacturers' works for me. Now, where is that SAKO TRG 22 I am looking for?

Pete,
Thats exactly as I thought. For those prices and differences I would do exactly as you are and buy the S&B.. But like Jbr1000 said. we can get the NF and leupold for much less. If my life depended on it I'd go with the S&B no doubt.

Pete,
Deer Mr. Ambasador, Sir - with all due respect, my eyes see better through Asian made junk than they do through Germany's finest. Must be the Canadian air or something - eh!

Would I swap an NXS for the new S&B - thanks but...
Would I swap a Lexus for a BMW - never owned either but that is also a toughie.

As for trusting a scope with one's life, your military background has made your respect for that a reality. Most of us just don't have such concerns.

Wish you a great hunting season, I still say you are blessed to have so much opportunity and I respect your dedication to our sport. Really enjoy sharing your hunts through the great notes you provide. Sounds like you just had a great hunt with several species taken.

Back on topic, I had a POI shift problem with the first NXS I bought, sent it to them FEDEX from Canada on a Wednesday, had it back perfectly corrected on Monday. Cannot see it getting much better than that. They admitted that a certain mil-spec glue had not been given sufficient time to setup properly and that allowed movement of key innards.

I wonder why Pete hasn't mentioned that S&B has a 10 year warranty vs. a Lifetime Warranty from Leupold and NF. What do you have to say about that Pete? If they are so good why not step up to the plate and meet or exceed the competition? I'll never pay $1000 more for a scope that has a 10 year warranty.

Now don't go blaming Pete for decisions made by S&B /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
He only uses them - he doesn't build them or own the company.

Like many of us the man likes good toys. Pete is an excellent example of Brand Loyalty - he has strong opinions on S&B and he lets us know them. I can name a few more examples of that in this bunch of guys.

The main variables I see here are...

Quality control - Sounds like a S&B or USO has tighter QC...probably easier to do as they don't produce as many scopes. This is where the reliability issue comes into play.

Seeing better - First of all everyone's eyes are different. I gotta wonder how many people have adjusted their eyes to each scope and then compared. Not many...would be my guess. Next the quality of each batch of glass is going to change to the next. So no two scopes of the same scope maker are going to be the same. You can reduce the variance...again QC comes into play.

So if you had someone hand pick the glass and all the parts at leupold you could probably get close to the best in the world. But that doesn't happen. What did Forest's momma always say? Life is like a box of factory scopes and rifles you never know what your going to get.

Go custom and you will.

L Wolken, the 10 year garantie is a product of German and EU trade laws, and nothing to do with S&B wanting to shorten any coverage, The cannot,legaly offer a 30 year or life time warranty as it would be against trade regulations. take it from me, the scopes are covered for a life time for any mechanical failure or problem not caused by the user.
Ian M you need your eyes tested buddy. now cars and scopes are a different matter, i drive a jap rice cooker my self, a mitsubishi. and i'd chose a lexus over a merc or BMW any day ( exept maybe the merc g wagon)
POI shift, you wouldn't belive it, but in every conversation to do with an NXS the subject of POI shift crops up and its happening to a lot of scopes.
I knopw that ain't gonna happen 9999 out of 10000 with S&B.
Hunting season, i was out last weekend and got wet through and now ive a stinking cold,, was out duck shooting yesterday. also,, going to Scotland next saturday,,
busy !!
regards Pete

[ QUOTE ]
t if you will buy Hakko rubish then expect to have to get it fixed now and then. Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one Pete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Its nice to hear good customer service at last having known simple repairs take in excess of 20 months some years ago, things must have changed for the better.

Pete,
Are you really going to Scotland next Saturday or are you secretly going searching for your very wet satalite, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What happened, were you reading a copy of the latest S&B test when you should have been tracking it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are they going to deduct the cost out of your wages? Thats gonna take a long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ooh, and dont forget your glass bottomed boat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but i could not resist this one

See what happens when i take a couple of weeks off work !! the s%$t hits the fan, or the sat' hits the drink. I hope they have a spare, other wise its jobs on the line for that whole team.
i'm at home looking after the wife who is just recovering from little operation. and building a bunch of rifles and i stripped and cleaned the lathe gear box today, and yes i'm off to jockland on saturday, stalking roe deer.. a glass bottomed boat would be a good idea, hide underit, out the way of the rain..
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.