NXS 5.5-22x50 VS NX8 4-32x50

I was sure someone would feel this way about my post, and I get what you are saying, but that's why I said this was MY experience. You can be right and I'll be wrong, if it makes you feel good. Just FYI, I kept going back to this particular rifle (because I really wanted to like this scope), but "I" could never get comfortable looking through it. It immediately reminded me of looking through a paper towel tube as a kid. I hope you have the best of luck with whichever products "YOU" choose, but we aren't all going to have the same experiences.

Good day, sir

BTW, they were all mounted on rifles. It was my gunsmith and not a box store-if I misrepresented that, I guess I was just wrong again.
Yup personal experiences differ a lot between people. Example, a lot of people say that the 5x25x56 NF ATACR has that tunneling effect at lower powers I have yet to notice this on mine. Hope it doesn't just show up for me that I just didn't notice that before. I rather be ignorant of this for as long as I have this scope. It's pretty **** nice.

I own several of both and have for years. I can not tell any difference in the turret feel. The NX8 has slightly better glass. The NX8 obviously has more zoom with more on both ends of the magnification. "Eyebox" is over rated. I can not for the life of me understand why people care. Set up your scope correctly on the rifle and learn how to shoot and you will never be able to tell between two scopes. Go with the NX8.

Following this thread. Same great issue as you guys, a new gun that needs an optic, but a 6.5 PRC! I have been a Leupold/Zeiss guy for a long time and just wanting a change up from that on a rifle to give NF a shot.
Not sure where you are located but I have NXS, ATACR and Swarovski X5i that you are more than welcome to look through and shoot if you ever get to the Missoula area.

I'm a nightforce dealer and have had all of the nightforce products in my shop. For a hunting scope, nx8 4-32 is my favorite. Even over the Atacr models. Like Furman noted above, I don't see the eyebox problems. The glass of the NX8 is better than the NXS having had them side by side.

Bought a Nightforce earlier this year and just shot it recently.If your used to Leupold then you will see right off the bat that a N F will not have the eye relief the Leupold scopes do.Shooting a 300 win mag the N F scope clocked me twice.
I do like my N F but have to remember to mount the scope a little more forward.

Bought a Nightforce earlier this year and just shot it recently.If your used to Leupold then you will see right off the bat that a N F will not have the eye relief the Leupold scopes do.Shooting a 300 win mag the N F scope clocked me twice.
I do like my N F but have to remember to mount the scope a little more forward.
Then something needs changed in you or your system. I have shot thousands of rounds with much much harder recoiling rifles from awkward field positions with absolutely zero issues.

Then something needs changed in you or your system. I have shot thousands of rounds with much much harder recoiling rifles from awkward field positions with absolutely zero issues.
Ok,I have owned a 375 Ruger for a bit over a year,338 win mag for about 45 years 2 7mm mag ans hunt with a 45-70 since 1972 so I'm not a rooky in shooting hard kicking rifles.
Just letting the O P know to mount your scope different from a Leupold!

Whichever you pick. PLEASE post your accuracy reports on your Seekins. I'm looking at one along with the X-Bolt 2 and Bergara Crest Carbon. 7mmPRC.

NX8 4-32 is my go to. I have one 2.5- 20 as well, which is a great scope when low magnification is needed, but for the range or western hunting, the 4-32 is hard to beat. I have a big ATACR on a heavy rig as well, love it. No experience with the NXS but from what I've seen in previous strands, most guys prefer the NX8 over it.

Whichever you pick. PLEASE post your accuracy reports on your Seekins. I'm looking at one along with the X-Bolt 2 and Bergara Crest Carbon. 7mmPRC.
So I ended up going with the NX8 but in 2.5-20. Scope rings came in last night so hoping to maybe shoot this weekend. Have a couple boxes of every factory option in 7mmprc and have also bought 8 or so boxes combined from choice and Hendershots. Always been a fan of Berger so got some 168s, 180vld, and the 195s. Really hoping it shoots well as already my experience with the seekins customer service has been fantastic. Sent an email with a few questions and in under an hour I got a call and had the best conversation I could've had.

So I ended up going with the NX8 but in 2.5-20. Scope rings came in last night so hoping to maybe shoot this weekend. Have a couple boxes of every factory option in 7mmprc and have also bought 8 or so boxes combined from choice and Hendershots. Always been a fan of Berger so got some 168s, 180vld, and the 195s. Really hoping it shoots well as already my experience with the seekins customer service has been fantastic. Sent an email with a few questions and in under an hour I got a call and had the best conversation I could've had.
Thanks, and good luck, sounds like a sweet rig. Looking forward to your range reports Plus great job on the NX8!. I love mine!!

Not sure where you are located but I have NXS, ATACR and Swarovski X5i that you are more than welcome to look through and shoot if you ever get to the Missoula area.
I would be curious what your thoughts are on the MOA reticle in the NXS for hunting! Thanks for the offer! I cruise through there occasionally for work! I'll hit you up!

I recently had the opportunity to look through an NX8 at my LGS, along with a few other scopes at the same time. The NX8 was immediately crossed off my list due to the eyebox and tunneling. I'm not here to bash any brand or model, I am merely suggesting you look through one yourself and not just rely on the opinion of others. I have spent most of my hunting life behind Leupold scopes, and while I'm not sure which Leupold scopes you are accustomed to, I feel sure you will notice a difference. It might be something that doesn't bother you, but it was not acceptable for me. I do own a couple other, high end brands as well (including NF), so not brand hating, just sharing my experience.
Thank you for sharing! I need to head to Scheels and take a look through some scopes sounds like.

Recent Posts