Now What? Big game hunting is over and only one football game left

Bang4theBuck

I hate this time of year! I'm guessing that I'm not alone. What are you all doing to occupy your time in this 'LUL'? I am going to have to really buckle down, and not go into spending mode, as I never really stopped spending last year, and that trend needs to stop. I am planning to reorganize the reloading room (again), including a deep clean, and put some sort of system together to inventory rifles, rifle parts, reloading components and reloading data. I am also thinking of designing a gun room for my next home, so I don't have to deal with organizing rifles in safes, and so that I can have them on display (for myself). I also went through a streak where I was swapping scopes around to use for developing loads, while waiting on other scopes. So, the scopes and their intended purposes aren't optimized right now (i.e. heavy scope on lightweight rifle). The other thing on my list is to fine tune loads for a few rifles, and go through and set (or reset) the zero stop on all the scopes that have them, and reset the zero on all scopes that aren't now.

As always, I am hoping opportunities come along to teach some new folks how to shoot and reload, and maybe build some rifle with them.

What are you all working on?

1707429575661.png

Work on loads for this upcoming year. Look for replacement gear for stuff that I didn't like or didn't work the way I wanted. Research hunt areas and start making plans. Get ready for spring bear because it's only a couple months away.

Pro/College football? Have not watched a game in well over 20yrs. I will just do the normal things, fish, shoot varmints, shoot trap, competitive rimfire, load development, wait for ice/snow to leave, house/shop projects, pretty much anything but watch pro/college sports.

Last edited:
LOL, I was barely interested on football before, when they started taking a knee for the National Anthem they lost me altogether.

I'm working on hunting loads for next year.
The Garmin Xero Chrono I got for Christmas is making gathering data very easy.
Mass producing 10mm plinking ammo and 6.5 ManBun ammo for whacking steel.

It'll be warm before we know it!

I hate this time of year! I'm guessing that I'm not alone. What are you all doing to occupy your time in this 'LUL'? I am going to have to really buckle down, and not go into spending mode, as I never really stopped spending last year, and that trend needs to stop. I am planning to reorganize the reloading room (again), including a deep clean, and put some sort of system together to inventory rifles, rifle parts, reloading components and reloading data. I am also thinking of designing a gun room for my next home, so I don't have to deal with organizing rifles in safes, and so that I can have them on display (for myself). I also went through a streak where I was swapping scopes around to use for developing loads, while waiting on other scopes. So, the scopes and their intended purposes aren't optimized right now (i.e. heavy scope on lightweight rifle). The other thing on my list is to fine tune loads for a few rifles, and go through and set (or reset) the zero stop on all the scopes that have them, and reset the zero on all scopes that aren't now.

As always, I am hoping opportunities come along to teach some new folks how to shoot and reload, and maybe build some rifle with them.

What are you all working on?
Coyote season !!!

LOL, I was barely interested on football before, when they started taking a knee for the National Anthem they lost me altogether.

I'm working on hunting loads for next year.
The Garmin Xero Chrono I got for Christmas is making gathering data very easy.
Mass producing 10mm plinking ammo and 6.5 ManBun ammo for whacking steel.

It'll be warm before we know it!
Too late it is warm here already high 70's today

Work up loads for the new gun. Re - tune the loads for my 7-08 now that I added a can . It's border line to hot a load . I'm currently in the middle of a new ar15 in 300 blk for hogs . Plan my next trip to try for hogs again on my buddy Aaron's place in texas. Also get my cr@p together for my javalina hunt that's just a few weeks away. Last but not least pray for tags to hunt with . The elk draw and antelope are just a few weeks away.