northern California pig hunts

krake22002

Im looking for private property or a guide to hunt wild hogs in northern California or any kinds info. For me and my dad. My dad and I live in Oregon and hunt deer elk bear Every year all are life . My dad just got done fighting cancer and he wants to start doing more stuff and living more. He has always wanted to hunt wild hogs. So im trying to make that happen. So if anyone had any info would mean alot. Im willing to pay for private land access or a guide thank you very much

Here's a few guides in the "Redding" area. There's a lot more especially in the Sonoma, Mendicino areas[ private ranches is where the action is]. Also near Hollister, Monterrey county down to San Luis Obispo, basically the coastal hills. You can find them now in the Sierra foothills. Also you can google hog guides in Northern Cal. and research, pick and choose, call them for price, lodging, success rates or if they use dogs, etc. Some offer semi-guided hunts that are cheaper. Some are 1 day or up to 3 day/2 nites, same price. Some hunters even go up to the owners of a ranch and ask for permission to hunt. Most all say no for liability reasons and for a lot more reasons.
I shot a brown boar..225lb..2.5 inch tusks[great meat too] years ago on a guided private ranch hunt near Hollister w/a 30-30. A great mount. I'm now looking to go on another guided hunt. Hope you and your dad get one!
1. Just for Hunting....$700 -2 days.
2. Rawhide West..more expensive, I met the guide, watch the you-tube video!
3. Dye Creek...huge ranch, kind of pricey.
4. Dash ranch...looked good
5. Outdoor Adventures... there's more near Redding and Red Bluff...Good Luck

this is not calf but since you are in oregon it may be just as close
and it a sure thing kill a pig or dont pay price aint bad either 375.00
but he only does a limited amount of hunts and fills up fast
retiredcpo

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.