No go on a new barrel

Knight

I'm in the process of building a new AR 15 caliber in 22ARC
I purchased the barrel and bcg from the same manufacturer but when I placed a go gauge into barrel then followed with a stripped bolt the bolt would not turn. At of curiosity I then placed a live round into the chamber and the bolt turned...Now this was out of the receiver, barrel only. In testing.

Of course it's the weekend and I couldn't reach the manufacturer or for that matter anyone. If anyone out there could resolve this mystery I would really appreciate your thoughts. I'm tired of guessing
.thanks.

I'm in the process of building a new AR 15 caliber in 22ARC
I purchased the barrel and bcg from the same manufacturer but when I placed a go gauge into barrel then followed with a stripped bolt the bolt would not turn. At of curiosity I then placed a live round into the chamber and the bolt turned...Now this was out of the receiver, barrel only. In testing.

Of course it's the weekend and I couldn't reach the manufacturer or for that matter anyone. If anyone out there could resolve this mystery I would really appreciate your thoughts. I'm tired of guessing
.thanks.
Sounds like the chamber is a little tight. A new round is undersized so it will go into battery and will not go with the go gauge.

Did you pay for it as a "fitted bolt" or just bought from the same place. Generally, they will exchange bolts until one fits.