Nikon Monarch Won’t Adjust

I just got off the phone with Nikon and I am sending it in for repair. If they can't fix it they will give me a voucher to use at Nikon USA. The only thing they have now is binoculars, spotting scopes and range finders which I already have. FFS I hope they can fix it.
Call them back and tell them you do not want a voucher , they'll give you a reimbursement, I sent three back and got paid . I told them why would I buy a Nikon product again ?

I just got off the phone with Nikon and I am sending it in for repair. If they can't fix it they will give me a voucher to use at Nikon USA. The only thing they have now is binoculars, spotting scopes and range finders which I already have. FFS I hope they can fix it.
If they don't have anything you really want do exactly what was stated above. Call them back immediately and tell them you want reimbursement not a voucher. But if there is something you really do want go for it and get your voucher. Keep us updated

Send the scope to Nikon, contact them bedforehand or go on their website to get the correct address and department. They will most likely tell you that it in not repairable. Then they will offer you a store credit but if press them they will offer you a refund. At least this is what happened when I sent in one of my Monarchs for repair. Nikon also offered me a full refund for the scope if I could produce the original receipt.
This. Same experience. I sold all Nikon, won't buy any more of any of their products, since they plain welshed on their warranty. Those of us that got refunds are a tiny minority to the number of folks that got massively screwed.

Last edited:
What is their contact info? I have 4 Monarchs all 5+ years old and no problems! But who knows.......

What is their contact info? I have 4 Monarchs all 5+ years old and no problems! But who knows.......
When I talked to them a couple of years ago they wouldn't even try to fix them. I wonder if all the bad press they continue to get on this has caused a shift in company policy. Or, more likely, they are just spinning a better yarn when you call. Be very interested to hear if they actually fix it.

I have this scope that won't adjust anymore. Not sure if there is a solution other than the trash! Any suggestions?
I have been told by several people that they do not honor their scope warranties. Although I was always a huge fan of their scopes, back in the day, the very last one I bought would not adjust at all - brand new. That is when I learned that just because somebody's name is on a scope does not necessarily mean that they are the ones that made it.

Take whatever they offer you. They could have easily said you are chit-out-of-luck.

I had four of them , three Monarchs all went bad , the FX 1000 still works . The Monarchs couldn't hold zero .
I was a huge Nikon fan back in the day. All mine still work fine. One issues in all those years. I still like them. They just got beat by vortex in bang for buck. I've had more vortex failures than monarchs. But overall great scopes.

I have been told by several people that they do not honor their scope warranties. Although I was always a huge fan of their scopes, back in the day, the very last one I bought would not adjust at all - brand new. That is when I learned that just because somebody's name is on a scope does not necessarily mean that they are the ones that made it.
I had no issues with them and warranty. In fact years ago I had an incident at my parents where I ran over a rifle case with two inside and both Nikon scopes got damaged. I sent them a letter with the returns saying it was my fault but just hoping for the best. They returned two brand new ones zero issues.

Same with a set of binoculars I sent in. It was very similar to vortex service just took a few weeks longer.