Nikon 4-16 (223 specific)

I bought a used Nikon scope because I heard they had a lifetime guarantee. The reticle broke. Turns out you have to have the warranty card and receipt and be the original purchaser. Still shoots o.k., if you know which side of the reticle to use.

Ordered a Nikon 4-16 223 BDC reticle (at his request) (side parallelax), store pickup for a customers Savage 223 Model 16 bolt rifle, went through the mounting, set and lapped the rings and levelled and mounted the scope and the scope would not zero, in fact, it was at least 50 moa off in elevation and maximum rotation. I'm scrathing my head so of course I dropped in another scope and it was just fine....

It went back but a royal PITA. First time that ever happened to me, hopefully, the last time.

Not a Nikon fan but the customer is always right. It came from Cabelas and it returned to Cabelas, hopefully, some one else don't get it, Cabelas is good for that.
From what I understand Nikon no longer in the rifle scope business. My experience with Nikon ain't good as well.

Ordered a Nikon 4-16 223 BDC reticle (at his request) (side parallelax), store pickup for a customers Savage 223 Model 16 bolt rifle, went through the mounting, set and lapped the rings and levelled and mounted the scope and the scope would not zero, in fact, it was at least 50 moa off in elevation and maximum rotation. I'm scrathing my head so of course I dropped in another scope and it was just fine....

It went back but a royal PITA. First time that ever happened to me, hopefully, the last time.

Not a Nikon fan but the customer is always right. It came from Cabelas and it returned to Cabelas, hopefully, some one else don't get it, Cabelas is good for that.
You are aware that Nikon stopped making riflescopes in 2019 and no longer offer any service on them, yes?

Always considered BDC optics as the indirect fire, area solution grenades, fire-for-effect, solution-for-lazy'n'slow, public school educated, too dumb to know crowd. Just old guy's ponderings from experience, skill set. Good enuf is good enuf for some. But, then so are Libturd WordSaladCacklin'Clowns and SloDimJoeys. One gets out of life what one puts into it.

I would not plan to buy a Nikon, but I am surprised to see this many negative experiences.
I had two Monarch 3's . One was on my 7mm Rem Mag and I could not get it to shoot any kind of a group inside 5 inches at 100 yards . So I switched scopes and it cured the grouping , got down to under a inch , but there was no windage adjustment . Sent them both back Nikon didn't even try to fix them , offered me a voucher for anything Nikon . I laughed and said I'm never buying anything made by Nikon again , I want cash , so they sent me a check for 85% of what I paid new .

I had two Monarch 3's . One was on my 7mm Rem Mag and I could not get it to shoot any kind of a group inside 5 inches at 100 yards . So I switched scopes and it cured the grouping , got down to under a inch , but there was no windage adjustment . Sent them both back Nikon didn't even try to fix them , offered me a voucher for anything Nikon . I laughed and said I'm never buying anything made by Nikon again , I want cash , so they sent me a check for 85% of what I paid new .
Thanks!