Night force illumination

Opps, I was mistaken. The Owner's Manual that came with my 5-25 ATACR says it will turn the illumination off automatically after one hour of no use.

Also, with the NXS just putting your rifle in a hard case and closing the case will usually push the left (parallax and illumination) knob in, turning the illum. off. I always thought that was pretty neat.

My new 2.5-10 has the push button illumination. You can switch from red or green and (guessing) 7 or 8 settings. You push and hold for a couple seconds to turn on so when you turn it back on it is at your last used setting. I just got this new model and haven't used it much in the field for hunting yet. Ive only used it once while hunting so far and shot a buck at about 10 AM.

Yes, the 2.5-10 NXS is new and NF put an ATACR-style illum. button on it. I believe all the other NXS's have the "push - pull" on the parallax knob to turn the illum. on and off, and to change intensity you have to take the knob apart and have a tiny screwdriver handy. Not ideal but in truth while I have several NXS's I very seldom use the illumination. I might if I were deer hunting, though, in very low light.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts