Nickle cases anyone reload them?

I have loaded .357 Mag., 44 Mag, 45 ACP, and 30-06 Ni plated for over 20 years. I never have had any issues with any of it. I run them on the hot side in the 30-06 and still get 6-8 reloads from them. Any flaking and they are out. Magnified inspection is the best early detection. No problems at all with 357 or 44 Mag.

I have loaded .357 Mag., 44 Mag, 45 ACP, and 30-06 Ni plated for over 20 years. I never have had any issues with any of it. I run them on the hot side in the 30-06 and still get 6-8 reloads from them. Any flaking and they are out. Magnified inspection is the best early detection. No problems at all with 357 or 44 Mag.
See #20. The article I read was only about rifle dies, as most handgun-sizing dies are already made with carbide. As with anything else, YMMV.

My .300 win mag brass was of three types

Federal Classic brass cases. They split on factory firing after being stored for 25 years. Longitudinal splits in the belly of the case.

Remington Nickle cases baought as components. Lord they screeched when the expander ball came out the neck on the first sizing. After the first blowtorch firing they were quiet. That was enough for me to swear off buying anymore plated cases for reloading. (I had Winchester nickel .357 brass that split all the time too.)

The third batch was Speer nickeled cases. They were ok but I ended up giving them away to a friend for his gun in loaded ammo.

After the Remington cases I pretty much just avoid nickeled cases.

Ditto on using the nickel plated on 300WSM! Got 10 reloads and actually still have them. I moved to Norma and after 4-5 reloads in having case head separations. Got some Lapua on order.
i'll be in amarillo saturday at dick bivens to watch my daughter and the hs band march at district comp.

Long story short, those nickel cases ruined my die by scratching it to hell and back. Never again.
I also noticed that some of the nickel plate had come off the necks on 4 cases, so I assume that's what wrecked my die.
Had the same experience with nickel plated cases. Never again.

Recent Posts