Newbie about to start loading for short barrel .308 and looking for some advice

AA2460 is great. Mines a 18" bolt gun. Recipe and 5 shot 100 yard group below.

Attachments

• IMG_1947.jpeg
    IMG_1947.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 71779507507__207C3BEC-47D5-49BF-8E40-DFD5715A0962.jpeg
    71779507507__207C3BEC-47D5-49BF-8E40-DFD5715A0962.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 42
Here's another vote for Varget. I load the Barnes TTSX 150s over 45 grains of Varget for my daughter's Compact Compass 2 with a 16.5 inch barrel. The groups are right around 1-1.25 in at 100 yds, average 2678 fps and easily takes whitetails. She even took an Oryx last summer in South Africa with a shot that went through both shoulders.

It's not one of the Enduron powders so it's still in their product line if I'm not mistaken
I've been trying to get it. This is what I was told at Brunos shooters a couple of weeks ago. They haven't been able to get it for a while. It is one of the most temp stable powders

Besides well wishes on finding large rifle primers, I'm looking to see what advise you guys might have for me to start reloading on my short barrel .308. Bergara Premier Approach with the barrel cut down to 16.5". I'm targeting the Barnes 130gr TTSX. Game is going to be whitetails in south MS inside 300 yds. I've done some searching on the forum but wanted to see what some people were doing with short barrels and if anyone had any particular pet recipes for that bullet. I know a lot of guys are keen on varget which might be where I start but it'd be nice if I could avoid buying a bunch of different powders trying to find the right one.

For what it's worth the factory Barnes 130gr ammo shot at right about an inch so I think the barrel likes them.

Any input I'd appreciated!
You can always by a batch of small armor brass and uses specifically for hunting because small rifle primers are abundant

Besides well wishes on finding large rifle primers, I'm looking to see what advise you guys might have for me to start reloading on my short barrel .308. Bergara Premier Approach with the barrel cut down to 16.5". I'm targeting the Barnes 130gr TTSX. Game is going to be whitetails in south MS inside 300 yds. I've done some searching on the forum but wanted to see what some people were doing with short barrels and if anyone had any particular pet recipes for that bullet. I know a lot of guys are keen on varget which might be where I start but it'd be nice if I could avoid buying a bunch of different powders trying to find the right one.

For what it's worth the factory Barnes 130gr ammo shot at right about an inch so I think the barrel likes them.

Any input I'd appreciated!
Buy 8lbs Varget & never look back. I'm using it in 243 Win w/100gr, 308 Win w/150gr and 338 Fed w/210 gr. Varget just loves that size case. All 20-16" bbls.