New Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 rifle scope.

The HD5 has lockable turrets,have to pull them up to adjust then push down and there locked and secure like Fort Knox..............Jr Solocam what caliber is your going on ? Mine is a 6x284 and its also plenty flat shooting.

Going on a lightweight 65-284. The scope will get me past 750 which is all I want out of that rifle. For under $1000 I think the HD5 will compete extremely well.

Dialing in a scope seems to be a waste of time to me. The Zeiss Rapid Z works great for me. Find your yardage, hold on that line, shoot done. If i'm going to shoot something at 800 to 1000 yards I want to do it as fast as possible. gun)Once again, just a opinion.

Dialing a turret is a far cry from a waste of time, it is alot more precise than just using the reticle. And to shoot long range as fast as possible is a very bad idea.

This is a pic of the turrets. The elevation turret is in the down (locked position) the windage is in the up (unlocked position)
I am really liking the scope. If it was a tad clearer and the ZS did not limit elevation it would be perfect for me. I can dial it up 16 MOA and back down and it returns perfect everytime so far.

zeisshd52_zps00a6a2b9.jpg

So does the turret actually raise and lower externally or does it do it internally? A 20 to 30 MOA rail will get you zero stop.

I meant when you dial the scope up and down with the turret can you visually see it externally moving like a Leupold or Nightforce or is it all internal?

So does the turret actually raise and lower externally or does it do it internally? A 20 to 30 MOA rail will get you zero stop.

My 3-15 has 78 MOA total, I have 41 up and 37 down as it sits in lightweight talleys. A 30 MOA rail would allow ME to remove the ZS and bottom out in 7 MOA. In theory it should work.
The way it is with the ZS I can get out to 700 between the stops, If I sighted in at 300 I could get to 800 and hold on hair for deer sized game.

Gary

I have mine on a 6.5 creedmoor so I would not shoot any animal further than 700 yards...except maybe a coyote.

Being able to shoot a mile with a 1" scope is pretty good :D

Hello everybody!

I´m living in Germany and have received a Conquest HD5 5-25x50 riflescope recently (ordered from OP). To be honest, I´m a little bit concerned regarding the zero stop because I´ve noticed that on my new scope the elevation turret can only be turned counter clockwise in "UP" direction from the factory set "0" position onwards.
Is this correct? Otherwise is such a scope with already "activated" zero stop only recognizable on an elevation range limited to 16.5 MOA in the "UP" direction (starting from "0" Position)?
Besides that I also noticed traces on elevation and windage screw slots caused by a not correctly fitting screw driver...
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany,
Ralf

Last edited:
I have that scope,no scratchs on mine. I unscrew the turret it on other side of vertical screw,or I can remove the screw all together and have full range of adjustment............. Hey I thought your not allowed to own guns in Germany ? What are the gun laws over there ?

Thanks for your reply!

I´m sorry but I don´t understand what screw to unscrew or to remove you mean exactly to get unlimited elevation?

Meanwhile I´ve found and read another thread in this forum ("Got my zeiss HD5 xxx today") but still I´m not sure about that.

Could you please explain that to me again exactly?

German gun laws are still allowing legal possession of guns for civilians under a number of legal restraints. The three main ways to get a licence for owning guns are in becoming a marksman, hunter (I´m both) or gun collector, each of depending on detailed appropriate grounds, background checks, checks of physical and psychological health, completing courses and passing examinations, proving of safe gun storage etc.

Thank you very much, and greetings from Germany, Ralf

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.