New to reloading which primers to use

Federal primers work fine in Lapua brass.
Very good to know thanks. Sure are a lot of forks and rabbit holes lol i've been into cabelas many times and looked at all the reloading books in the passed, and for weeks/months i would end up walking away and not buying one because i want to find one that basically answers the questions i'm asking here and kind of holds your hand through the reloading process and wasn't sure which book would be best though lol

Welcome to the journey that NEVER ends.
The number of forks in the road multiplies exponentially, if you allow it get over-complicated.

PS-it's real easy for that to happen
Thanks, and there sure is lol like i said to the other guy i put off buying reloading books and even reloading supplies because i didn't know if know if there was different primers for different calibers, or if i could buy any primers that said large rifle primers for any large rifle bullet or if there was specific ones, like when i first got looking ther were the different brands but slightly different names like federal has the 210, or 215 magnum, than there was CCI etc lol gets to be a lot. Luckily all you guys have steered me in the right direction and it's now a bit more easier and i have a slight understanding

Very good to know thanks. Sure are a lot of forks and rabbit holes lol i've been into cabelas many times and looked at all the reloading books in the passed, and for weeks/months i would end up walking away and not buying one because i want to find one that basically answers the questions i'm asking here and kind of holds your hand through the reloading process and wasn't sure which book would be best though lol
lapua doesn't produce manuals that give much info. what it will tell you is the case length, seating depth, powder charges and attentively their brass. as long as their brass stays consistent then load data should be fine given as per you gun used? i haven't seen any specific primers used for data tho.

this is as close as it gets.
Oh that's pretty awesome, beauty of the internet you can find just about anything on here. I'm excited for when i can finally get reloading but man seems like a lot to take in lol one step at a time though.

Oh that's pretty awesome, beauty of the internet you can find just about anything on here. I'm excited for when i can finally get reloading but man seems like a lot to take in lol one step at a time though.
so, you've never reloaded/handloaded before? do NOT learn from u-toob! best to find someone to learn from that lives close to you that you know! yes, there are trustworthy sites, but that doesn't replace hands on in-person experience. be safe!

so, you've never reloaded/handloaded before? do NOT learn from u-toob! best to find someone to learn from that lives close to you that you know! yes, there are trustworthy sites, but that doesn't replace hands on in-person experience. be safe!
Nope, i am completely fresh to firearms just got my firearms license last year, own 4 guns now. I know very little about firearms, which may sound weird since i am discussing reloading right now but i probably won't start doing it for another year or two possibly longer. I'm more so trying to get the lay of the land when it comes to primers, brass, projectiles/bullets and eventually will learn more about powders but just learning the little bit from you guys so i can at least start buying all the stuff i need now so when i finally do decide to do it i can just get started, and get the stuff whenever it becomes available since there's a shortage on it. Unfortunately i don't know anyone who reloads, maybe once i start going to the range i'll meet some people that do it. Honestly i don't even know anyone who is into firearms really, my brother knows a lot about them but doesn't own any himself. There's a coworker who is a hunter and gun owner but he doesn't reload either unfortunately

I learned reloading by reading reloading manuals around 40 years ago. It can seem confusing at first but stick to the basics from the front of the manual. Get a good set of calipers and follow the safety instructions laid out in the manuals. After you load and shoot a couple boxes you will feel comfortable. That's when the rabbit hole really starts. Enjoy your new hobby and remember that there are a lot of people here willing to answer questions as you go. Red