New to Mandrel use

topcat265

I just decided to start using mandrels in my reloading.
I called 21st century innovation and purchased their products.
In my conversation, they encouraged the use of their dry neck lube when using the mandrel, which I purchased.
Yesterday, I resized brass, using One Shot as the lubricant. I then used the mandrel. As the case mouths were already lubed, I did not feel the need to use the dry lube.
All seemed to go well, but I wanted to check here to see if I was making a mistake by relying on the residual one shot rather than the dry lube. I did purchase the black nitride mandrels, which are supposedly more slick.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
T

I use graphite in the necks. Be careful that you don't load powder right after the one shot because it can cake the powder if it's not all dry, especially any that made it to the bottom of the case, ask me how I know 😭😭😭. Graphite also helps with seating the bullets especially with new brass 😊

For mandrel use I've always used imperial sizing wax. Granted I'm expanding up .020 so the wax helps a ton. And as said above, clean all lube (esp one shot) after sizing with it. I usually ultrasonic clean before depriming, then again after to get the lube off. It makes life a lot easier.