New TBAC Magnus line with RR (recoil reduction)

The new Magnus definitely has my interest along with the new Nomad XC series. I have a 300wm with ultra 7 and it flat out rocks you. Seeing the TB chart they claim it only reduces recoil by 8% compared to bare muzzle, makes sense. I'm looking for two new suppressors for a 7 PRC+P and 300NMI. Looking at the TB chart looks like Magnus-S-RR or Magnus-K-RR would work great for big magnums.

I wonder if some of that 8% was just the extra weight added compared to bare muzzle.

Man, I kinda wish there wasn't so many options to pick from. Don't get wrong it's fantastic. Just makes the pick a bit harder.

I'm leaning with the K-RR
I think it will make a good hunting suppressor especially for magnum. Not giving up recoil reduction for the sake of sound reduction.

I have one on order to test recoil against our brakes. The claimed reduction is very impressive, but the elongated recoil impulse has always been a huge turn off for me with suppressors.

Ken

Has anyone got their hands on any of the new Magnus RR's yet?? Ordered my Magnus RR .338 a couple of months ago and have another certificate I need to use, wondering if its worth going to the S RR for a 7PRC build or just staying with another full size magnus. I have the Dominus and not impressed with the recoil/suppression on the PRC.

I just got a 50% cert for TBAC and been trying to figure out what to order. I like the recoil reduction of the Magnus RR line. But trying to understand what the benefit would be over just a pure muzzle brake? Does the concussion reduce for others shooting next to me or to me? And if I'm looking for just noise suppression, why not go with the Ultra series and save some $$$ but deal with the recoil.

I'm not dead set on weight, so the weight of the Magnus vs Ultra doesn't concern me.

I just got a 50% cert for TBAC and been trying to figure out what to order. I like the recoil reduction of the Magnus RR line. But trying to understand what the benefit would be over just a pure muzzle brake? Does the concussion reduce for others shooting next to me or to me? And if I'm looking for just noise suppression, why not go with the Ultra series and save some $$$ but deal with the recoil.

I'm not dead set on weight, so the weight of the Magnus vs Ultra doesn't concern me.
Based on their internal testing some of them won't cause hearing damage for a few shots now and then, which would be great for hunting. Aside from that they'll have less concussion for both the shooter and bystanders.

I have one on order to test recoil against our brakes. The claimed reduction is very impressive, but the elongated recoil impulse has always been a huge turn off for me with suppressors.

Ken
I agree. I'd be curious to see where the numbers of those tests end up.

Also curious if anyone has tested any of these new magnus k-RR side by side with Sico's scythe ti. Seems like they are very similar.
Also noticed the sound suppression/recoil reduction graph is now posted on the website.
Take a look.

Based on their internal testing some of them won't cause hearing damage for a few shots now and then, which would be great for hunting. Aside from that they'll have less concussion for both the shooter and bystanders.

That would be great then, if I can hunt without inserting plugs. I have no issue wearing protection when I'm shooting more on the range or what not,

I agree. I'd be curious to see where the numbers of those tests end up.

Also curious if anyone has tested any of these new magnus k-RR side by side with Sico's scythe ti. Seems like they are very similar.
Also noticed the sound suppression/recoil reduction graph is now posted on the website.
Take a look.

Recoil reduction on on my K RR is impressive. The recoil impulse on a suppressor is like a plateau, where with a brake or bare muzzle it comes up to a peak and back down. The high point of the "plateau" is impressively low on the K RR... but its a suppressor so its very elongated and it still has the classic slow push of a suppressor.

The sound off of it isn't bad. You do lose some decibels due to the brake on the end but its still very manageable for hunting scenarios.

The K RR is noticeably more effective than the radial style on the end of some cans like the scythe Ti.

Ken

Recoil reduction on on my K RR is impressive. The recoil impulse on a suppressor is like a plateau, where with a brake or bare muzzle it comes up to a peak and back down. The high point of the "plateau" is impressively low on the K RR... but its a suppressor so its very elongated and it still has the classic slow push of a suppressor.

The sound off of it isn't bad. You do lose some decibels due to the brake on the end but its still very manageable for hunting scenarios.

The K RR is noticeably more effective than the radial style on the end of some cans like the scythe Ti.

Ken
With your experience so far do you think you'd lean toward the S RR or the K RR? I'm kicking around a magnus S for target, long range, and hunting but also wondering if I'm opt for the K RR. I like the idea of the RR for more recoil reduction and I'd put the can on a 6.5 CM, 7 PRC, & Rem mag, and 300 RUM