New sailers each week

ShtrRdy

My nieces son graduated from Navy basic training this week. My wife and I watched the ceremony online. There were 990 recruits graduating. I thought that was a lot. Later I looked online to see if I could find a schedule of how often the Navy holds a basic training graduation. Turns out its every week with 810 to 1080 graduates. That's around 46,800 per year. I didn't realize the Navy had such a turn over.

Navy retired here and my son just Graduated end of August. They pump them through Great Lakes. Cool ceremony, but some of the parents/ guests were absolutely obnoxious! Couldn't even hear half of the speakers

Attachments

• IMG_3792.jpeg
    IMG_3792.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 4
I had opportunity to tour the USS Midway today. Amazing vessel. They were having a retirement ceremony on the flight deck when we got up there. Thought it was kind of odd with tourists milling around making noise.

My nieces son graduated from Navy basic training this week. My wife and I watched the ceremony online. There were 990 recruits graduating. I thought that was a lot. Later I looked online to see if I could find a schedule of how often the Navy holds a basic training graduation. Turns out its every week with 810 to 1080 graduates. That's around 46,800 per year. I didn't realize the Navy had such a turn over.
CONGRATS TO YOUR FAMILY AND A YOUNG MAN ENTERING THE NAVY
Well I am part of the Navy - Marine Corps!!! Semper Fi
My dad lived outside of Wilkes-Barre, PA and took his Basic in Great Lakes in 1942.

Sailors Creed

I am a United States Sailor.
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment.
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Recent Posts