• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

New Montana Rifles African 375 H&H Magnum

Jeffpg

This is a great handling, sub 8 lb powerhouse of a rig that is extremely versatile in many hunting situations. I bought this rifle in the new & unfired condition that it remains in to this day. I had intentions to use it on a return trip to Africa that never materialized. It has sat in the back of my safe without picking up a single ding and it appears to be without flaw. The Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36mm with B&C Reticle rifle scope in Talley Lightweight Alloy mounts is also brand new.

$2250 for the rifle and Leupold in the mounts
$1750 for the rifle and the mounts
plus actual shipping fees

Attachments

• IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_5725.jpeg
    IMG_5725.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_5705.jpeg
    IMG_5705.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_5699.jpeg
    IMG_5699.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_5694.jpeg
    IMG_5694.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_5731.jpeg
    IMG_5731.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_5720.jpeg
    IMG_5720.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_5696.jpeg
    IMG_5696.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5739.png
    IMG_5739.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_5737.jpeg
    IMG_5737.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 421
This is a great handling, sub 8 lb powerhouse of a rig that is extremely versatile in many hunting situations. I bought this rifle in the new & unfired condition that it remains in to this day. I had intentions to use it on a return trip to Africa that never materialized. It has sat in the back of my safe without picking up a single ding and it appears to be without flaw. The Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36mm with B&C Reticle rifle scope in Talley Lightweight Alloy mounts is also brand new.

$2250 for the rifle and Leupold in the mounts
$1750 for the rifle and the mounts
plus actual shipping fees
Very nice rifle!
Is this the Montana Rifle before Montana bought out Cooper equipment & machinery?
Thanks much!

Thank you sir!
I am not aware of all the details of the company, only that it supposedly began in Kalispell.

Last edited:
I have had an MRC in 375 K&H for several years. Went with me to Africa on 3 safaris taking plains game, lion, Cape buffalo, croc, and down to Duiker. Mine is very accurate as in 1/2" to 3/4" groups (my handloads) at 100 meters 300 grains down to 235 grain. Very reliable CRF Win 70 style action.
If this one is like mine it is an excellent Africa hunt single rifle. JMO&E
Best of luck on your sale!

I am quite interested in this rifle. But I have a question. Say I buy it and it just doesn't feel like my rifles fit to me. What is the return policy on a transaction like this. Obviously I would pay you first.

Once I have received the funds for the rifle plus the shipping fees, I will ship you the rifle. You can have a couple of days or so to check it out and let me know your decision. (No actual firing of the unfired rifle please.) If you aren't happy with it, you can then ship it back to my FFL. I will inspect the rifle and reimburse you for the cost paid to me for the rifle if all is well. You will only be out the shipping costs.

Is that a fair offer?
Jeff

Sounds quite fair. Let me think about it. I am thinking about a brown bear hunt in the near future and I'm sure this rifle would fit the bill.

What footprint would this action be if I wanted to put a fiberglass replacement stock on it such as McMillan or Bill and Carl?