New molded in stock finish from Mcmillan "McWalnut"

is that the McWoody marble finish?
WINCHESTER-EXPRESS-MARBLE-MCWOODY-1.jpg

marble_a3sporter-x1000.jpg

I think the new wood finish is much more realistic and appealing than the Mcwoody finish.

Does anyone know what they weigh?

I have one in the Sako varmint style that my 264 win mag sits in, and one in the M40A1 style that my 375 Ruger sits in, and while I can't tell you the exact weight, I can say they are on the heavy side, however, they are both solid as can be, and both are simply fantastic stocks.

That is awesome! I too spend a lot of time in the woods. My family sells chainsaws, saw mills, log splitters, and skidding wenches. I LOVE high end wood on a rifle. However all the benefits of fiberglass and composites usually win out in the end. So this wood gel coating is long over due!

This is a game changer. Beauty and practicality. I have always loved wood over synthetic. I have very rarely hunted in nice weather. Cold or freezing in the morning, rain, wind, snow, who knows. Wood is just to fragile. McMillian has always had a great product. All-Weather, Real Wood-Looking rifle. No gauging,cracking, scratching or nicking. No distortion,swelling, or twisting. What's not to love.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.