New Member Hello

GeorgeS

Just a quick introduction: I've been shooting off and on for about 60 years, and interested in guns before that, thanks to an M1 carbine and 1911 my dad brought home from the war. My first .22 rifle, from my uncle, was too heavy for me to hold up - one reason I liked the carbine. As a teen, plinking and hunting at my uncle's in New Hampshire, the fascination continued. After college, I opened up a gunshop and did some light gunsmithing, although I had been refinishing stocks while still in grade school. Running a high technology business kept taking me away from shooting for years, but thanks to the remaining inventory from the old gunshop, I've always had an interesting selection of toys to play with and bring me back. A member of the oldest gun club in America - the Newport (RI) Rifle Club - I've managed to renew my interest in ballistics, handloading, gunsmithing, and target shooting. The web is a stunningly rich source of information, to which I hope to be able to contribute from my experience and study.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.