New member from San Antonio, TX

I've get out a bit doing more tactical LARPing stuuf (lots of short range with an AR or pistol). Started reaching out a bit more recently that I have access to a 300 yard range. Not really "long range" but I'll take what I can get =)
If you shoot well at 300yds, with a little practice you can shoot well much further out. It's all in the math and learning to read the wind. Fortunately God made a lot of smart people who have produced a whole lot of top notch gear to help us with all of the environmentals and the math. HA!

Salutations from Boerne Tx. Learn to discern the BS from truth and ask any question here for some insightful answers. Lots of Great guys on this forum. Good luck on Elk hunting adventures in the future and make sure to post results (good or bad). We can all participate vicariously. Grew up in San Antonio, with many adventures in between. Email ([email protected]) me about shooting opportunities in area, happy to show u the ropes. Wade

Salutations from Boerne Tx. Learn to discern the BS from truth and ask any question here for some insightful answers. Lots of Great guys on this forum. Good luck on Elk hunting adventures in the future and make sure to post results (good or bad). We can all participate vicariously. Grew up in San Antonio, with many adventures in between. Email ([email protected]) me about shooting opportunities in area, happy to show u the ropes. Wade

Thanks! I'll reach out some time next week.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Whaddya expect, it's Texas afterall.

1645053767984.png

Our "motto" for a very long time printed on license plates was, "The Friendly State".

Then all them yankees invaded! 😂

Seriously, when I was in the service I talked to a lot of guys who had been stationed in the state at one time or another and they were always creeped out because perfect strangers would give them a smile and a wave as they met in passing on roads and highways.

I just laughed and said that it was our way of figuring out who the invaders were. If they didn't smile and wave back we knew they were foreigners!

Unfortunately much of that has been lost over the last 30 years of explosive growth but you can still spot the Natives that way.

Whaddya expect, it's Texas afterall.

View attachment 341763

Our "motto" for a very long time printed on license plates was, "The Friendly State".

Then all them yankees invaded! 😂

Seriously, when I was in the service I talked to a lot of guys who had been stationed in the state at one time or another and they were always creeped out because perfect strangers would give them a smile and a wave as they met in passing on roads and highways.

I just laughed and said that it was our way of figuring out who the invaders were. If they didn't smile and wave back we knew they were foreigners!

Unfortunately much of that has been lost over the last 30 years of explosive growth but you can still spot the Natives that way.

My wife is a native Texan. I'm technically a Yankee but I come from mountain people so it gets complicated 🤣