New member from NC

Hi folks. I just joined up after finding this forum through random surfing while trying to take in as much info as I can about long range shooting. I started out shooting handguns and built up a little collection. After watching all of the great how to videos on Youtube I ended up building my own AR which was the first rifle I've owned other than a Ruger 10/22. That got me started in the long, rewarding, (and expensive) journey of building.

I started watching the Precision Rifle Network channel and a few others and have now got a desire to learn long range shooting. I'm a complete novice at this point. The number of ranges that has anything more than 25 yards is limited where I'm at (large city) but my family lives out in the country so I'm hoping to start being able to practice soon. I'm also planning to start dabbling in reloading to offset the costs a little. Of course I'm now learning that reloading is a whole other rabbit hole of expenses. In the end though I'm having fun which is my main goal anyway.

I'm happy to join and hopefully will be able to learn here and maybe eventually share some knowledge too.

Triangle area. from what I can see there are only a couple public ranges in the state that allow 100 yards and up. In the meantime I'm trying to take in all the knowledge I can.
Frontline is nice. Fairly close. PM me sometime after the first of the year. I'm about 2 hrs NE of you. I have a little room to shoot