New Leica Geovid Pro 10x42 AB+ with Shot Probability Analysis

DocUSMCRetired

Leica has introduced the new Geovid Pro 10x42 AB+ with Applied Ballistics Elite.

1704992405868.png

1) Applied Ballistics Elite Engine onboard.
2) Shot Probability Analysis
3) 3000 yard/meter ranging.
4) AB Ecosystem connectivity (Garmin Watches, Kestrels etc etc)
5) Temp, Pressure, Humidity, DOF etc onboard.

Last edited:
Leica has introduced the new Geovid Pro 10x42 AB+ with Applied Ballistics Elite.

View attachment 531481

1) Applied Ballistics Elite Engine onboard.
2) Shot Probability Analysis
3) 3000 yard/meter ranging.
4) AB Ecosystem connectivity (Garmin Watches, Kestrels etc etc)
5) Temp, Pressure, Humidity, DOF etc onboard.
We had two sets of Geovid 10x42 and wish we never sold them. Best for Glassing and ranging!!!

The Pro's are a couple of hundred cheaper and you can download the same app. Anything else different with these for the 2-300 difference ?

The Pro's are a couple of hundred cheaper and you can download the same app. Anything else different with these for the 2-300 difference ?
These have some upgrades. Better stability and compatibility with the AB Ecosystem (Garmin, Kestrel, Sig, etc etc). But these are also the first commercial range finders with Shot Probability Analysis. So in essence you can build a target (Hog, Deer, Elk, Ground Squirrel, Racoon etc) and a profile and the binos will tell you what the first shot probability on target is. These also do come with AB Elite on board so no upgrade needed and they are going to be more stable with the couple products coming out at shot.

These also come with Leica ProTrack "Leica ProTrack further enhances the capabilities of the Geovid Pro AB+ offering the ability to plot GPS mapping points in BaseMap and Google Maps, elevating in-field tracking, surveying and game recovery to unprecedented levels of precision."

Did any of the manufactures get the Pro Track, Remote Way point, or other remote pin marker figured out so they actually work. I've tried it with my Sig and Base Map and it was way off even after multiple attempts at calibrating both the range finder and my phone.

Did any of the manufactures get the Pro Track, Remote Way point, or other remote pin marker figured out so they actually work. I've tried it with my Sig and Base Map and it was way off even after multiple attempts at calibrating both the range finder and my phone.
I've used the Sig range finder binos with Basemap a good bit and was thoroughly pleased with the results. The biggest challenge was keeping my phone's compass calibrated. Using it in a vehicle or around other interference would throw it off even when I was no longer around the interference. This isn't an issue with Sig or Basemap, it's a phone issue. A variety of force closing apps and/or restarting the phone would eventually get things back on track.

I ranged a bedded elk at over 2,000 yards, and stalked in on him with the plotted Basemap waypoint. The waypoint was off by 15 feet. I'm very happy with that performance and am excited Leica is doing the same/similar. When I'm ready to upgrade binos, the Leicas have been my top brand preference.