New info on Chronic Wasting Disease

I'm surprised how many conspiracy theorists are here. So I understand, you believe every young mind that gets into science and hopes to do good things for their fellow man, or wildlife, is a Left wing nut job. That would be a tough way to live thinking that all the time. All the nay sayers are High fenced hunt farm advocates is my thought.

You are correct, I've seen EHD wipe out deer on a wholesale basis around me! Had a trail cam picture of 37 deer in my back yard, three weeks later there are four. Dead deer found everywhere. Three very big healthy bucks, one nine point with a seven inch drop tine found in the creek four hundred yards away. Had a picture of him five days before looking very healthy. For what it's worth, the deer herd had gotten way over populated. Ten thousand acres that had been hunted for years was closed to hunting. Deer were pouring into everyones yards looking for anything to eat. I probably contributed to it by feeding them. Which just brought them into closer contact. Took about eight years before they recovered from it. It's setting up to do it again, ton of deer around me. No hunters, to speak of, I only take a few, couple of friends and neighbors the same. But not near enough to slow it from another crash.
You cannot stop a crash from Ehd. It comes from a fly. They do not spread it by contact.

I'm surprised how many conspiracy theorists are here. So I understand, you believe every young mind that gets into science and hopes to do good things for their fellow man, or wildlife, is a Left wing nut job. That would be a tough way to live thinking that all the time. All the nay sayers are High fenced hunt farm advocates is my thought.
Slow down there Hillary don't go throwing out those accusations. Science needs to be questioned science is a question.

Ehd and blue tongue are the same it's not from drinking in a water hole. There is a midge that hatches in type of soil that is around waterholes or creeks or rivers or small ponds. Up to 90% of deer that are infected will die the other 10% build antibodies to the disease and some say that those does will give those antibodies to their fawns and they will become resistant to Ehd.

Ask yourselves what has the game and fish dept done to eliminate cwd? They have gone in with helicopters and eliminated populations of deer. Or they make extended seasons to kill as many deer as they can to stop the spread. Cwd will kill the deer but killing the deer won't hurt the population.

Once they required masks, I concluded the whole thing was BS. It's not, but masks are useful for those who are actually sick, useless for the ones thinking it will help protect them.
Nope, BS propaganda. The submicron viral particles blow through anything not a full fledged respirator. CDC actually stated at beginning masks were useless until they realized insufficient N95 respirators available for healthcare workers. Then came up with mask propaganda to protect N95 respirators for "real" people. No mask can pass respirator fit test not respirator performance test for <10 micron particles including biologics. As result, the particles penetrate easily. If you are in a standard size room with insufficient air turnover and filtration with an infected person, you will be exposed to whatever their condition may be. This is science not propaganda.

Never once did these incompetent morons recommend increasing air exchange with appropriate filtration in systems. Not once did these morons bring OSHA or EPA into the battle to control an air contaminant. OSHA has forgotten more about air contaminant control than CDC will ever understand. EPA is expert in clean green building technologies not CDC but yet freaking crickets to utilize the experts in these fields.

I have Merv 16 filter system on home HVAC. Where is CDC? Crickets.

Why didn't we put similar in schools instead of painting them? Crickets.

Why didn't we purchase in businesses? Crickets.

We have ZERO infrastructure in place to address the next China biological attack.

Why this rant? Cause exactly what we are seeing from incompetent researchers.

You're only a conspiracy theorist if you're wrong.

Not questioning things and continued digestion of majority narratives is part of the reason we are where we are.

Ask yourselves what has the game and fish dept done to eliminate cwd? They have gone in with helicopters and eliminated populations of deer. Or they make extended seasons to kill as many deer as they can to stop the spread. Cwd will kill the deer but killing the deer won't hurt the population.
There is no right answer on eliminating it. If they were ultra aggressive and 100% killed every deer in an affected area the outcry would be beyond loud. I don't think it's an effective strategy anyway with how long prions stay in the ground and new deer are going to move back into an area and possible become infected and the cycle continues. I don't believe there is a right answer. Trying to keep a young age class with low positive rates seems to be the best answer right now. There is some evidence of CWD resistant genes so hopefully that could provide an answer.

There isn't a cure for CJD (a good buddies aunt died from it) so from what I know an actual "cure" for cwd sounds pretty unlikely.

From what I read about cwd you should bone the animal out carefully to limit exposure to it. The proteins have a incubation period of potentially 50 years. If you eat it you will extrete it. So you can spread it through city sewers to rivers and lakes which will only spread it further potentially.

From what I read about cwd you should bone the animal out carefully to limit exposure to it. The proteins have an incubation period of potentially 50 years. If you eat it you will extrete it. So you can spread it through city sewers to rivers and lakes which will only spread it further potentially.
I don't mess with any of the bones or guts when I clean my deer, just debone.
But I do skin the skull and boil the head on the bucks😁
If I get it this year then I'll have until I'm 107 to figure out if I have it 😂

The real scientists are working on it. Lowering of prion protein (PrP) expression in the brain is a genetically validated therapeutic hypothesis in prion disease. Studies recently showed that antisense oligonucleotide (ASO)-mediated PrP suppression extends survival and delays disease onset in intracerebrally prion-infected mice in both prophylactic and delayed dosing paradigms.
About 300 cases of prion diseases are reported each year in the United States. The most common form of prion disease that affects humans is Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Bovine spongiform encephalopathy, popularly known as Mad Cow Disease, is another prion disease. Prion diseases are caused by disrupting the structure of a normal human prion protein, producing toxic clumps in the brain. Because prion protein is central to disease, reducing levels of prion protein in patients is a promising therapeutic approach.