New info on Chronic Wasting Disease

It dose say online that CWD is 100% kill rate and EHD is 90%. Problem with those number in my book is it's like the Covid(BS) numbers. Dying of Covid vs dying with Covid. Everything dies. Now did it die from a disease, or virus it was carrying or did it get shot, ran over, killed by a predator, starve to death from a mouth abscess, or anything else from its environment and just choked up to a virus that may have been found in its system🤔. It's only numbers, but who makes up/counts those numbers? I'm not saying CWD isn't a bad thing or that it doesn't kill. I'm saying lots of things kill and some things are able to survive or build up an immunity. I want to see those numbers or that study vs just none stop CWD bad, run for the hills and don't eat venison. I have personally seen hundreds if not thousands of deer dead from EHD and witness numerous times deer dying and dying very quickly from it. I have helped with research and collection from EHD deaths and the midge that causes it. It would be nice to find more reliable information on both CWD and EHD. All the deer that had CWD died with it not from it(2myknowledge) and all the deer that died with EHD died from it up here.
Plenty of deer die of CWD, but it's 100% correct that many die with, rather than of, because CWD takes about two years from the time of infection to kill there deer. That said, unlike covid, nothing survives CWD. It either dies of something else first, or dies of CWD. Same for all know prion diseases. Once prevalence gets high it's rare to see a mature deer because most of the deer get infected when young.

I'm totally in favor of hunting and eating venison. I've been getting all my deer and elk tested for seven years now. I haven't had a positive, but it'll probably happen. I just applied for a deer tag in a hot zone. I may have it tested twice if I kill one. I still want to hunt there though, and as long as I think that it most likely doesn't have CWD, I'll be eating it.

Show me some deer that have died from cwd? Show me the mass extinction of the deer herds from cwd? Prove it. The game and fish departments have killed more deer in the name of protecting the herd than cwd ever has or ever will. Even the deer farms have never had a deer die FROM cwd.
Plenty of deer have died OF CWD. The fact that most of the positive tests come from hunter killed, road killed, or euthanized deer does not change the fact that CWD isn't survivable. It is a valid point to make in terms of population management. If it's such a slow killer that most deer are killed by hunters or old age first, then it wouldn't have the same population impact that a faster killer would. There are deer herds in CO, WY, and probably that have had significant population declines as a result of CWD. Those areas are mostly the areas where CWD first showed up. Those herds are likely to continue declining.

Back to CWD being "new", and government and aliens. Government most likely did, sort of, make it. It was first identified when CSU kept having their deer waste and DIE, of an unknown affliction. Those deer were kept in pens that had formerly been used to experiment with scrapie infected sheep. That close contact between the deer and the infected sheep likely resulted in a misfolded scrapie prion causing a deer prion to misfold, and this CWD came into being. A new disease. Yet more evidence that it likely came from the CSU sheep pens is the fact that scrapie and CWD are the only two prion diseases I'm aware of that are so easily transmitted from animal to animal. In the case of "mad cow" it was transmitted from cow to cow because in Europe they added rendered cattle to commercial cattle feed. If CWD had been here since the dawn of deer, the percent of deer that are infected in a given zone would not steadily increase for decades.

Last edited:
If it was a real harm to humans I don't think all the butcher shops would be allowed to process cattle and deer with the same equipment.

I process my own meat. The question is how accurate are the monitory testing results?
Wild game processors are not allowed to mix wild game and beef cattle. I'm not sure the degree of separation or how much of it is federal vs state law, but our local shop stopped processing wild game after beef prices went up during Covid because they said they could not justify keeping separate coolers, and shutting down to clean everything when they switched from deer to beef processing and they cited regulations they had to comply with in order to process wild game and maintain their license to process beef.

On a side, CWD is a one reason I don't use processors. Multiple friends who've processed their own, then tried taking animals to processors and received low quality meat is another reason.

Last edited:
Just found this my wife read it first about Chronic Wasting Disease:

Thanks for posting this. It is an important subject.

Good video CPW put out on CWD. Granted, this buck didn't die "OF" CWD, but i don't believe he had long left before he did.

I don't agree with 100% of the management that has been done in the name of CWD, but I have had some long talks with biologist on the matter and I see where they are coming from on trying to keep positive rates low etc. Nobody has all the answers and like all things hindsite will be 20/20.

You do realize they are also in the USA. And working with that China lab & many others around the world. There not far from my home. Notice the date on this article. I find it funny after posting their goings on during the Covid BS. They have dismantled their website. And their new site covers none of what I posted from the old one. And the new site makes it harder to find & research what they are doing. Imagine that.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT: Caree Vander Linden
April 26, 2018 (301) 619-2285
Fort Detrick, MD [email protected]
Study of Bat Natural Immunity to Marburg Virus May Shed Light on Human Disease
Scientists examining the genome of Egyptian fruit bats, a natural reservoir for the deadly
Marburg virus, have identified several immune-related genes that suggest bats deal with viral
infections in a substantially different way than primates. Their research, published online today
in the journal CELL, demonstrates that bats may be able to host viruses that are pathogenic in
humans by tolerating—rather than overcoming—the infection.
Bats are known to harbor many viruses, including several that cause disease in humans,
without demonstrating symptoms. To identify differences between antiviral mechanisms in
humans and bats, the research team sequenced, assembled, and analyzed the genome of
Rousettus aegyptiacus, the Egyptian fruit bat—a natural reservoir of Marburg virus and the only
known reservoir for any filovirus.
Jonathan Towner, Ph.D., of the Viral Special Pathogens Branch at the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), provided the bats from which the DNA was extracted.
Towner had traveled to Uganda to investigate the colony of Egyptian fruit bats implicated in a
Marburg fatality there.
"Using that DNA, we generated the most contiguous bat genome to date and used it to
understand the evolution of immune genes and gene families in bats. This is classical
comparative immunology and a good example of the link between basic and applied sciences,"
explained co-senior author Gustavo Palacios, Ph.D., who heads the Center for Genome Sciences
at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID).
https://usamriid.health.mil/press_releases/CELL%20Bat
They have dismantled their website. And their new site covers none of what I posted from the
But isn't that what we have come to expect from fort Detrick? They have been a nightmarish problem forever.
Thank you very much for posting this.

Epidemiological studies are based upon population of significance not by gosh by golly. This crap is no different than those so called studies of clusters under transmission lines which has been been proven as transient population effects totally unrelated to transmission lines. You can make any datapoint dance, but you can't over ride datasets. I am dig deeper to see where their "funding" came from. Anybody want to guess? PETA?
Thanks, Muddy

Good video CPW put out on CWD. Granted, this buck didn't die "OF" CWD, but i don't believe he had long left before he did.

I don't agree with 100% of the management that has been done in the name of CWD, but I have had some long talks with biologist on the matter and I see where they are coming from on trying to keep positive rates low etc. Nobody has all the answers and like all things hindsite will be 20/20.

That buck was hit by a vehicle. It showed no PHYSICAL traits of CWD. How far from the road was that buck ? The guy calling even stated along the road. But yet what was his first response ? lol And how many deer are they testing for TB (TUBERCULOUS ) Blue tongue ? I have seen deer that shown traits of CWD. And this one sure looked healthy compared to the ones I saw. So how you figure he was going to die of CWD is odd to me. I believe 338 dude posted some pics of a deer that resembled a deer with CWD. Visiting his dogs. But still not proof. It looked malnourished. Where that buck looked quite healthy. Especially his antlers. If that deer had cwd I don't believe they would get antler growth of that mass. This video proved to me they have an agenda.
Edit" I wonder how much these GMO foods they plant play into this ? Do you think you would hear about it if the food was making the animals sick ? The farmer seen 50 to 60 deer with alfalfa. But then change the crop & seen half as many. Why didn't he plant alfalfa again & see if those 50 to 60 deer returned ? lol

Last edited:
You could just stop reading it while others post meaningful things instead of the provably false statements you've been making.
Nothing I have posted was false. Show me deer that have died from Cwd. You can't do it. No one can prove that this hasn't been here from the beginning of time. They are finding it because they are testing for it. If there wasn't millions of dollars up for grabs CWD would magically disappear.

That buck was hit by a vehicle. It showed no PHYSICAL traits of CWD. How far from the road was that buck ? The guy calling even stated along the road. But yet what was his first response ? lol And how many deer are they testing for TB (TUBERCULOUS ) Blue tongue ? I have seen deer that shown traits of CWD. And this one sure looked healthy compared to the ones I saw. So how you figure he was going to die of CWD is odd to me. I believe 338 dude posted some pics of a deer that resembled a deer with CWD. Visiting his dogs. But still not proof. It looked malnourished. Where that buck looked quite healthy. Especially his antlers. If that deer had cwd I don't believe they would get antler growth of that mass. This video proved to me they have an agenda.
Edit" I wonder how much these GMO foods they plant play into this ? Do you think you would hear about it if the food was making the animals sick ? The farmer seen 50 to 60 deer with alfalfa. But then change the crop & seen half as many. Why didn't he plant alfalfa again & see if those 50 to 60 deer returned ? lol
The one he walks right up to while it's feeding was hit by a car? That video was shot where mature bucks have a 20+% positivity rate.

I don't believe at least from what I have seen antler growth is affected as long as they aren't late stage during growing season. Just this last year I saw two really good bucks test positive but nobody can know if they just picked it up or if they were 6 months from dying.

EHD wouldn't be killing with snow on the ground so we can rule that out. TB in deer in CO is more or less non existent so then we have to think is there a better chance it's CWD when 1/5 bucks have it in that area or TB which I don't believe has been found in any deer in CO.

It is nice to see that the Daily Mail keeps close tabs on couple a deer hunters who passed away from consumption of Bad Venison. Too bad the daily mail can't keep better track of the 250,000 deaths from Fentanyl overdoses that have occurred since 2018 in USA , due to the Open Border Policy between the USA and Mexico.

Last edited: