New Build and Looking for help

bahabill

OK i am looking to build either 7prc or 300 prc in a long action setup. this is my interest ....

Terminus Zues LA with quick change option
Proof Carbon barrel
McMillan stock
TT diamond trigger ( already own extra )
EC Tuner break ( already own a few )

Thought about Defiance Ruckus ???

I am confused on the Zeus only accepting ai/aw style magazines.... Ignorant being I have 8 Bolt actions all bought from LGS never felt or used a custom action and really want one...
Already own SAC barrel vise and universal action wrench ( will buy action wrench specific for NEW action I use.

Can some one help in my choice and explain the Bottom metal AI/AW I can use. I looked at Hawkins But says BDM M5 and such and i am lost. Need help

Riffle will be mostly hunting and I do shoot steel out too 1000 yards every now and then and I am in Tucson AZ so most shots at deer are pretty far out usually 400 is a short shot. Hate dragging em out tho LOL....

Dont own any 7mm guns so most likely will go with 7 prc but like my 300 prc round thats why the switch barrel sounds good to me...

thought and info please greatly appreciated....

Welcome from about 2-2.5 hours north (depending on what part of Tucson you are in).

Defiance actions are very nice. I have a few Deviants and a few AnTi X. II have shot a few Ruckus as well.
You can get them for BDL with feed rails, or DBM without. Pretty much any M5 DBM will work as long as you get the stock inletted to match.

I have shot some Terminus actions too. Depends on if you like a 90* or 60* bolt throw. Very nice actions.
I don't think the Zeus are compatible with a BDL setup though. The Kratos is compatible with both BDL and DBM.

Either way, if all you have owned are factory rifles, you will be well pleased with the custom actions.

As far as 7PRC vs 300PRC, they are beltless versions of the 7RM and 300WM. They both have their place in someone's safe.
7PRC will have less recoil
300PRC will have heavier bullet available
7PRC uses less powder per round
300PRC has more brass choices available (for now)

7PRC 180gr @ 2950-3000+.
300PRC 215 @ 2950-3000+.

Either are plenty for all N American game up to the big bears. For AZ, unless you are going Bison hunting any time soon, flip a coin. Although, I know a guy who took a huge bison with his .280AI. Pretty comparable to the 7PRC.

I run my 300PRC suppressed. With a 230 Hyb @ 2995fps, recoil is "stout".
I run my 7SS suppressed. A 184 Hyb @ 2916fps is much nicer to shoot.
A suppressed 28 Nosler running a 195 Elite @ 3060 is easier on the shoulder than the 300PRC too.

Last edited:

Recent Posts