New Braunfels TX

boulderchild

I think I posted this in the wrong place before.

I am new to new braunfels TX and looking for somewhere to shoot (or possibly multiple ranges) My wife and daughter would ve coming as well so we are looking for a family friendly range that has long range and is nfa friendly. All the reviews I've read for the local ranges are pretty mixed.

We dont mind driving a bit but would like to keep it within an hour or so if possible.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

You are in luck !! A great range is in NB, look up Dietz Gun Range. Awesome for rifle and pistol.
They are about 15 minutes from my house. I read pretty mixed reviews online but am going to try to go over there Saturday.

Thanks for the reply!!

You are in luck !! A great range is in NB, look up Dietz Gun Range. Awesome for rifle and pistol.

Good and bad...

You can get an annual membership for your whole family very affordable. It allows you access when the range is closed to the public.

But, it's only 200yd and you don't want to be there during public time. 🙄

Alas, it's the best option for me and I can be found waiting for the sun to rise and "the light to go off" several times per month.

Concerning NFA, I don't believe they allow autos. I see SBRs often though. And near 50% of the members shoot suppressed in the morning when I'm there.

Concerning NFA, I don't believe they allow autos. I see SBRs often though. And near 50% of the members shoot suppressed in the morning when I'm there.
Thank you. Honestly as long as they are good with sbr's and silencers I can work with that. I will remember that about the membership versus public time.

There is one in Lockhart called lonestar gun range. I've never been because I believe the rifle range is only 100 yards, but have heard they have a good pistol range and tactical bays for AR's and what not

There is one in Lockhart called lonestar gun range. I've never been because I believe the rifle range is only 100 yards, but have heard they have a good pistol range and tactical bays for AR's and what not
I appreciate it. I looked then up and may give them a shot. When I searched them another range that's closer came up that has a 300 yard range so that was pretty cool.