New bow hunter!

People think they like bow hunting. That is until you're stalking this dude last weekend, and you're crawling in your socks through a sage field for 800y, through a creek, up a hill, just to have the morning thermals shift on you and blow your scent right into him, forcing a 90 yard shot.

Bro, I was tired.

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3419.jpeg

I don't rifle hunt much anymore, I prefer bow hunting and my second preference is a flintlock with real black powder and a patched round ball. Bow hunting is more fun to me and usually the seasons are a lot longer making for more opportunities. You can take a LOT of cost out of it by building your own arrows and doing your own bow work, none is that hard and the investment isn't too bad. I built 2 dozen arrows last fall and had less than a half a grain difference from the lightest to the heaviest. Buy good components and it's fairly easy to do.

I don't rifle hunt much anymore, I prefer bow hunting and my second preference is a flintlock with real black powder and a patched round ball. Bow hunting is more fun to me and usually the seasons are a lot longer making for more opportunities. You can take a LOT of cost out of it by building your own arrows and doing your own bow work, none is that hard and the investment isn't too bad. I built 2 dozen arrows last fall and had less than a half a grain difference from the lightest to the heaviest. Buy good components and it's fairly easy to do.
I am interested!
Will look at components and tools to make my arrows.