Never Spoil your Bird Dog!

He got a hematoma on his ear from shaking his head so much. $400.00 later. I've gotten them on my arms in football and motocross. Broken blood vessels that swell with blood. It's been a pain in the *** for 2 weeks. Last April spent $560.00 to get tumors removed from his side....
Sorry to hear that. Hoping for a full recovery. It seems my Lab comes up with some malady almost every month. When we get one crisis handled, he comes down with something else. We quit counting the money spent so far. But we love him and will go hungry if necessary to keep him healthy. He will be 14 in January. Still gets around good, eats like he's always starving, and is pretty active despite his age.

1702870475385.png

Sorry to hear that. Hoping for a full recovery. It seems my Lab comes up with some malady almost every month. When we get one crisis handled, he comes down with something else. We quit counting the money spent so far. But we love him and will go hungry if necessary to keep him healthy. He will be 14 in January. Still gets around good, eats like he's always starving, and is pretty active despite his age.

View attachment 522656
Amen brother. My wife and I have a pact with our animals and ourselves, as gut wrenching as it is, that just as soon as we get to the earliest point where quality of life is beginning to decline, and there`s nothing we can do, we`ll help them to the rainbow bridge. We owe them that for what they`ve given us. Always tears, though.

Hey,

So when I was growing up most bird dogs stayed outside, were fed table scraps and cheap dog food. They certainly weren't spoiled. So here's what happens in my house now. This is my soon to be 13 year old Brit. She's an incredible bird dog, I'll hunt her half days this year and it'll probably be her last big hunting year.
Take Care
View attachment 450936
Hunt that Baby as meany years as you can. She lives for the Hunt and the love you give her. Sweet !!

My hunters safety instructor had an old lab that was blind and deaf and just laid on the floor of his garage and never moved. That is until the day he carried his shotgun in to show us. That old dog went absolutely nuts thinking he was going hunting.

Lives for the hunt is right.