Never hunt with a clean rifle specially long range

I was with a small group talking to Bryan Litz at SHOT one year. He said they the rely on the doppler radar to tell them when to clean. Shooting many barrels etc. He said that at 100 rounds you could see a change on the Radar. He also said that you could NOT clean it adequately with chemicals alone.
Just repeating what he told us.

I was with a small group talking to Bryan Litz at SHOT one year. He said they the rely on the doppler radar to tell them when to clean. Shooting many barrels etc. He said that at 100 rounds you could see a change on the Radar. He also said that you could NOT clean it adequately with chemicals alone.
Just repeating what he told us.
I respect Brian immensely however, there are new products out that do work. Have been using this one for a couple of years. Speedy showed this to me when I was picking up a rifle he built for me. Yes, it does work as the bore scope does not lie.

Believe me it took several times to convince me using my own bore scope that this really does work cleaning without using the brush save the chamber ring (it does get most of it without the brush) as he shows.

Spent too many hours to count with Speedy in his shop, shooting and cleaning rifles. He is just about the most demanding person about cleaning down to the bare metal I have been around.

One more comment about shooting clean bore first shot. For hunting, with my rifles that Speedy built with Kreiger tubes the POI is not really much different that after a fouling shot so I just run a patch or two to get the oil out of the bore and shoot. Now with a factory production barrel this is not a good Idea as those are a completely different story.

I respect Brian immensely however, there are new products out that do work. Have been using this one for a couple of years. Speedy showed this to me when I was picking up a rifle he built for me. Yes, it does work as the bore scope does not lie.

Believe me it took several times to convince me using my own bore scope that this really does work cleaning without using the brush save the chamber ring (it does get most of it without the brush) as he shows.

Spent too many hours to count with Speedy in his shop, shooting and cleaning rifles. He is just about the most demanding person about cleaning down to the bare metal I have been around.

One more comment about shooting clean bore first shot. For hunting, with my rifles that Speedy built with Kreiger tubes the POI is not really much different that after a fouling shot so I just run a patch or two to get the oil out of the bore and shoot. Now with a factory production barrel this is not a good Idea as those are a completely different story.

At the 3:00 minute mark he is using a brush?

At the 3:00 minute mark he is using a brush?
Yes--my bad for not mentioning this. I do use a nylon brush to apply cleaner to the bore. Just dribble some on the brush while turning it in my bore guide opening then down and back dribble on a little more and down and back. I have used the patches as well, but this works better for me. I do use only patches to apply the accelerator though. A short blast of CRC brake cleaner to clean the brush and it goes in rod holder. If I apply another round of the chemical, I only use the patches for both and the Dewey with the brush stays in the holder.

When I first ordered this the maker told me that yes, he loves Speedy, but the brush is not really necessary. I have tried it both ways and it seems to work best on my rifles to apply the Cleaner soaked on the nylon brush and patches for the rest except if you are working on the carbon ring. To make full disclosure my bores never get very dirty. Being a 1K BR guy has made me always clean down to the metal during a match between relays.;) That being said and yes, it is overkill this saves me a lot of scrubbing which I hate to do on my sporters. My hunting rifles are built the same as my competition rifles just smaller scale, also repeaters using the same dies cut from the reamers used to chamber with.

I am curious to see how this works on a factory tube as they are quite a bit rougher. Am always a fan of anything that cut down on the brush strokes!