Never hunt with a clean rifle specially long range

Is this consistent with copper monolithics?

I'm not exactly a long range hunter or much experienced with that but have not noticed a change in POI with the Hammer bullets even out to 500yds practicing, I typically clean after every range session and the first shots next session is always right on.

I'm not exactly a long range hunter or much experienced with that but have not noticed a change in POI with the Hammer bullets even out to 500yds practicing, I typically clean after every range session and the first shots next session is always right on.
Don't know I don't use solids?
Also, every gun act different. This one was pretty dramatic.

Last edited:
I had my 7PRC sighted dead on at 400yds with the Berger 180 Hybrid bullets. I took it home and cleaned it to bare steel, which took a combo of BT Eliminator, bronze brushing and some Flitz. Went back to the range with the same ammo and fired an initial shot. Impact was 1" left but 6" high. :rolleyes: It took 6 rounds to get that rifle to print back where I left off the day prior. I expected the POI to have shifted but I did not expect a 6" shift.

Fouling matters!!

Not nonexistent. I have one that I have only shot hammers out of and it moved from a hard carbon cleaning. Took a bit to calm it back down.

Recent Posts