Need Advice on a Rifle

I just looked at their website. I can have my builder do one with a Proof barrel for the same price. They seem legit though.
I think if that's the case I'd have your builder do a rifle for your buddy. Even if it doesn't have a national resale value it probably will locally. And your buddy could save even more money picking out a regular high quality steel barrel.

I think if that's the case I'd have your builder do a rifle for your buddy. Even if it doesn't have a national resale value it probably will locally. And your buddy could save even more money picking out a regular high quality steel barrel.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't ever sell it. I know I won't sell any of mine unless I am in a major bind. I'll sell other things first though.

Unless things have changed in recent times GA Precisions reputation is in the top tier of builders. George Gardner regularly collaborates with Hornady. His rifles have been highly sought after by Police/ Military for a long time.

I read that on their website; however I don't think he wants to pay that much for one; especially when he can have my local builder do it with a Proof barrel for the same price. I promise you, the hunting rifles he builds have target rifle accuracy.

Well said. Have you heard of any bad things about Christensen Arms. If so, did they rectify them to your knowledge?

I know I keep seeing entirely too many of them for sale advertised as "low mileage", "Only 100-200rds", etc at ridiculously low prices which has always been a big red flag to me. I've also seen some pretty terrible reports as to their QC and CS from time to time.

Migh take a look at the Nosler's or High End CZ's.

I read that on their website; however I don't think he wants to pay that much for one; especially when he can have my local builder do it with a Proof barrel for the same price. I promise you, the hunting rifles he builds have target rifle accuracy.
I don't know what Garland Rhodes is charging these days but his work has always been excellent or better and did a lot of business there with GGG over the decade and a half or so that I lived in the Stephenville area. He'd certainly be worth talking to. Who knows, he might have a good used rifle or two in the shop from customer trade in's and upgrades.

Whatever he tells you about one you can believe, his word is as solid as the steel he works.

Like I've already said. I have a builder very close by who does as good a job or better than anyone out there. And I can make that statement in total confidence. He's a lot cheaper than all those custom places too. But I think the guy I'm asking these questions for is trying to keep it around $2K max.

Just read your post one I have been looking in to is Fierce firearms seem to have a guarantee and test targets and offer a few options depending on your budget and they have a few on hand
Just food for thought I personally have never held one

Like I've already said. I have a builder very close by who does as good a job or better than anyone out there. And I can make that statement in total confidence. He's a lot cheaper than all those custom places too. But I think the guy I'm asking these questions for is trying to keep it around $2K max.
I'd say if your buddy wants to spend less then he needs to go to your smith. If he doesn't have the full amount to build a rifle he could have your smith blue print his action and rebarrel it. The trigger, stock, and bedding job can be done at a latter time.

That's definitely the route I'm trying to get him to take. I know my builder's rifle will definitely shoot, with absolutely no issues. He doesn't have an action though. That is probably going to put him over the $2K max.

Well if you're stuck on your local guy and not going to contact those you asked about it seems this thread is pretty pointless.

If I'm reading you wrong call Garland and see what he has to say.

Wheter it works out or not it's 5-10 minutes out of your life.

Well if you're stuck on your local guy and not going to contact those you asked about it seems this thread is pretty pointless.

So, let me make sure I'm not "reading you wrong." Just because I don't take YOUR advice, this thread is "pretty pointless." Is that right? Perhaps you haven't read, or understood the part where I said his (Garland's) rifles are too expensive. Also that my gunsmith can build a new one that will shoot just as well, or better, for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention, that I asked about a specific rifle in the original post. Nowhere did I ask about GGG. Am I reading you right?

So, let me make sure I'm not "reading you wrong." Just because I don't take YOUR advice, this thread is "pretty pointless." Is that right? Perhaps you haven't read, or understood the part where I said his (Garland's) rifles are too expensive. Also that my gunsmith can build a new one that will shoot just as well, or better, for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention, that I asked about a specific rifle in the original post. Nowhere did I ask about GGG. Am I reading you right?
Go bark at someone else, I don't need your attitude. I like others was simply trying to help you. I dind't see where you'd contacted Garland at all or misread it.

Do what you want, I won't waste any more time on you.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.