Need a scope with higher power range

I'm looking for a scope that gives me some upper end magnification beyond 15X to shoot steel and targets out to 1000 yards. Anyone have any experience with the Vortex PST-5251 Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 ? Ive never owned a Vortex and have been primarily Leupold and Burris.
Thanks for the help
Yes, I have that very scope- it's my cheapest long range scope but has performed flawlessly. If it had locking turrets it would be even better. While I have better optics, I really don't find it lacking at all as a hunting scope.

I'm looking for a scope that gives me some upper end magnification beyond 15X to shoot steel and targets out to 1000 yards. Anyone have any experience with the Vortex PST-5251 Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 ? Ive never owned a Vortex and have been primarily Leupold and Burris.
Thanks for the help
I have 2 Gen 1 PST scopes 6-24x 50. One on a hunting rifle 6.5x284 and another one on a Benchrest gun. So far they have worked well on both guns. Only complaint is the eye box on the Gen 1 but I believe the Gen2 is better. Of course clarity is better as you go up in price as well so internal features get better as you go up in price but not a bad scope for the money in my opinion for the money especially if you are looking to just get your feet wet.

Thanks for the help
I remember when Vortex was cheap Chinese garbage. Now it's expensive :)

They did a great job of marketing themselves to the top. And hiring a few top guys from other good companies.

I totally agree! The trijicon tenmile on eurooptic on sale is hard to beat. I would also look for a used Bushnell elite tactical dmr 2 pro, they are fantastic for the price. Both trijicon and Bushnell elites are made in Japan. It makes a huge difference in quality. I had a pst gen 2 and I sold it to purchase the trijicon tenmile. The Vortex was a decent scope but The trijicon is definitely a better scope by far. I have several different scopes made by different companies like Nightforce, Bushnell elite, Vortex Razor line etc. The pst gen 2 is a decent scope but there are better scopes out there in that price point.

Thanks for the help
I have never owned a Vortex but have used a few. Nothing to write home about. I always look for these things in scopes: How many moving parts, more moving parts, more failures. Glass clarity - there's the names that have been leaders forever, Swarovski, Lieca, etc. Mounts- I usually like to make sure there's good mounts for whatever I'm buying. Warranty - Always important, look for lifetime warranty. My friend bought a Swarovski spotting scope, ya know, one of those that cost $6k. He had it 3 years and I was looking through it and oil was running down the middle of one of the internal lenses. Now of course Swarovski fixed it but watch for a good Warranty.

Thanks all. Anyone have experience with the Vortex I asked about ?
Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5 X 22 X 50 mounted on a Begara B-14 HMR, 6.5 Creedmoor: 1/4" group at 100 yds (holes overlapping holes) Factory Hornady Match ammo 140 gr, using a Kestrel I was able to make center mass hits out to 750 yds (300, 400 500 & 750 no misses), when it got too hot and I was running out of adjustment (MOA). Just installed a 30 MOA pic rail, should allow me to dial out to 1000 +. So far I've been really impressed with the Vortex scope. Cost: $900+-. I've been told Vortex's Strike Eagle is also excellent, I haven't used one, and the price is around $700. I think the Strike Eagle has 56 MM objective. I looked through my shooting buddies Kahles scope, the Vortex isn't that quality, but it's close.

I've been fairly impressed with Athlon. Cronus is priced higher, but Ares is in the range you're looking at. They're trying to build the brand, therefore price is aggressive. Can't hurt to look.