My Walmart .30-06

I have never actually pillar bedded one before. I think it would be wise but I've got some more research to do on how to do it

I have never actually pillar bedded one before. I think it would be wise but I've got some more research to do on how to do it

Drill it out with a drill press. Insert pillar with glue, put wax paper on both sides so glue doesn't get everywhere, bolt the action and bottom metal on so the pillars harden in the right place. There are other fine details, but that's the lion's share of it.

Kicks like a mule with this metal buttplate

Attachments

• 20150224_001638.jpg
    20150224_001638.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 118
  • FB_IMG_1424812646736.jpg
    FB_IMG_1424812646736.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 84
I did bed it, but then again that group was when I was shooting standing up off the hood of a pickup with Corelokts. So I'm going to take the time to do a good range day soon.

I did bed it, but then again that group was when I was shooting standing up off the hood of a pickup with Corelokts. So I'm going to take the time to do a good range day soon.

Aaahhh...the vertical string in the group is caused by the rifle bouncing on the hard hood of the truck. Let's see some groups with the rifle rested properly on a bench.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.