My Safari rifles

mountainman56

Thought I would share some pictures of the rifles I built for my trip to Zambia. Both built on Weatherby Mk V actions, Timney triggers, Lilja barrels and Boyds Heritage stocks that were pillar bedded and had decelerator pads installed. One in .375 H&H and one in .300 Win. The 375 has a 1-6 Vortex Raptor (need to change the picture...the original Viper actually failed during load testing), NECG open sights, Talley QD mounts and a drop box floor plate allowing 4 rounds. The 300 has a 4-12 x 50 Swarovski with Talley mounts.

I built two nearly identical rifles with all interchangeable parts just in case. I waited 50 years for this hunt and I went assuming everything would go wrong. Murphy never showed his face and I was in fact, more than a little lucky :)

Africa 300 Win.jpg Africa 375 H&H.jpg

Last edited:
I took nine species over 14 days. Bushbuck, Waterbuck, Zebra, Impala, Puku, Wildebeest, Kudu, Cape buffalo and Leopard. I was very, very fortunate, both with the game taken and with my PH. I posted pictures in the Trophy photos tab just above this one when I got back.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to convince my bride I have to go back ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.