My pup turned 15 today.

FEENIX

Thor is enjoying some beef steak and AK salmon for his 15th Birthday.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Thank you all! I got Thor on my youngest son's senior year as we prepared for our empty nest. L🤣L! He's been an excellent companion at home, on a hike, and campouts throughout the years.

Happy birthday Thor. Take good care of yourself so you can torment Feenix for years to come. I'm sure that he will treasure every moment spent with you. Both of you have a nice day.

He slowed down significantly. It pains me that I can no longer take him on long hikes per his vet's recommendation. We are down to 1-2 miles per outing. Part of his spine is deteriorating, but the vet recommends no operation. The operation involves pinning it with metal rods, but there is no guarantee that it will help, esp. at his age. He also has arthritis in his left foot (paw area). He takes a shot every month, and it seems to be working.

He gave me a scare in July, and I thought I had to let him go. He had a hot spot/sore all over that turned red, and his coat fell off. It got so bad that all his pads peeled off (like it was burned), and he could not stand. The vets were unsure of the issue but treated him with antibacterial and antifungal meds for over a week. Thank God it worked out. I am ill-prepared for that inevitable day. So yes, my wife and I treasure every moment with him.

Recent Posts