My mission to find the best short barreled big 338!!!

Sounds good. I hear ya there. Just was curious if you were leaning a different direction. Obviously you have more exposure/experience than most. Not all heavy hitters need the 300 grainers so have been eye balling other options and those 230's are readily available. Thought maybe they would be worth trying. Keep speed up and still hit hard enough. Thanks again. And I love seeing your builds. Keep em coming. Some of the coolest looking out there and I know they don't just look good.
well thanks for that and i try to keep em spicy!!!

I shot the 300 otm in this rifle and while it shot tiny consistent groups there was no real advantage for me in using them and the felt recoil was A LOT more with 300's ..

The 230 or 225 Accubond are my go to cup and core hunting bullets .. I hunt so much varying terrain from dark timber to open sage/cedar hills where a shot can be hard quarter too or away and I need bullet that holds together and penetrates rather than High bC that can fail and will not perform like you think it should!

I shot the 300 otm in this rifle and while it shot tiny consistent groups there was no real advantage for me in using them and the felt recoil was A LOT more with 300's ..

The 230 or 225 Accubond are my go to cup and core hunting bullets .. I hunt so much varying terrain from dark timber to open sage/cedar hills where a shot can be hard quarter too or away and I need bullet that holds together and penetrates rather than High bC that can fail and will not perform like you think it should!
Haha, when I try to figure out cool color schemes your instagram page it where I go.

Good info. I agree. I have the heavy rifle for the 300's but I built this 338 prc for a more manageable 338 option. I also hint varying country and sometimes it's hard waiting for that right shot to insure no bullet issues. I've looked at the 250 bergers, 250 accubonds, 225 accubonds and these 230 x's. I think those 230 are worth a shot. Should scoot right along and be pretty friendly on the recoil. I have no doubt they will work well as long as they shoot half way accurate. I'm glad someone like you has used them. I haven't found much info on them and I've looked everywhere.

Haha, when I try to figure out cool color schemes your instagram page it where I go.

Good info. I agree. I have the heavy rifle for the 300's but I built this 338 prc for a more manageable 338 option. I also hint varying country and sometimes it's hard waiting for that right shot to insure no bullet issues. I've looked at the 250 bergers, 250 accubonds, 225 accubonds and these 230 x's. I think those 230 are worth a shot. Should scoot right along and be pretty friendly on the recoil. I have no doubt they will work well as long as they shoot half way accurate. I'm glad someone like you has used them. I haven't found much info on them and I've looked everywhere.

I'm curious to hear how this 338 PRC works out for you! Considering that or possibly one of the others mentioned here for a short barrel 338 gun.

I will more than likely shoot them next year also in this same or very close to same set up.. I just cant seem to keep rifles for more than a year ..guys always talking me into selling them 😁

I will more than likely shoot them next year also in this same or very close to same set up.. I just cant seem to keep rifles for more than a year ..guys always talking me into selling them 😁
Well that's positive reassurance on the bullets. Think I will order some up. Have nothing better to do then spend $. Sitting in the hospital with a hand infection that won't go away. Turns out stabbing yourself when doing euro mounts can do some damage. 1 month so far and no cure. Elk revenge hahaha

I guess that's a good problem to have! People want your rifles, make some $ and build a new cool one for yourself! I'm slightly jealous

Man I always have the toughest time with accubonds. They never group for me, no matter what I do.
Multiple rifles and calibers.

Man I always have the toughest time with accubonds. They never group for me, no matter what I do.
Multiple rifles and calibers.
They definitely like what they like, but from what I've seen they love speed and to be pushed hard.

Probably one of the best on game performing bullets I've used as far as consistency animal to animal .. other bullets you just never what your getting

They definitely like what they like, but from what I've seen they love speed and to be pushed hard.

Probably one of the best on game performing bullets I've used as far as consistency animal to animal .. other bullets you just never what your getting
👆🏻👆🏻☝🏻☝🏻
What he said right here. The problem is availability and they need a wider selection of weights for caliber.

Have you experimented/on game performance with the Hammers?

Shot a doe at not long range with a .338 at about 3100+++ with a 175 HH and she just dropped.

Have a load for the 338 Lapua with a 213 HH about 3100, but rifle is not a woods gun.

For elk, what is the advantage of the 225 or 230 gr .338 Accubond/ELD in a 338 Edge/Lapua/RUM/NMI over a 230 gr .308 Berger in a 300 NM/NMI/RUM?