My handiest Lil' .22

purpledragon

So light, and shoot surprisingly well. Deadly on Squirrel with a 14gr. 22 pellet
and a 22 blank behind it.......
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Thanks. It's interesting. I googled it and learned about something "new to me". Sounds like a fun gun!

I don't think you can beat a Ruger 10/22. They are short, light, very accurate, and reasonably priced. Another good "survival" firearm would be a .22 pistol.

So light, and shoot surprisingly well. Deadly on Squirrel with a 14gr. 22 pellet
and a 22 blank behind it.......
GetAttachmentThumbnail
LOL....We used to do this as youngsters. I had an old Marlin 22, and since we used those cheap, tiny, crimped blanks for dog training, bird scaring from gardens, etc, I would push a 22 cal pellet into the rifling and place that blank behind it. Surprisingly, it shot fairly accurate and with enough power to kill birds and close range squirrels.
Later in my young 20's, I began playing around with nail gun blanks given to me by a construction friend. Those things were much more powerful and raised the level of range to kill small game.

I don't think you can beat a Ruger 10/22. They are short, light, very accurate, and reasonably priced. Another good "survival" firearm would be a .22 pistol.
I've got 10-22's also.........This thing weighs 2 1/2lbs....
Also have the MKII Govt Target Model Pistol......
And only cost 10buck at time of purchase!!

Last edited:
Thanks. It's interesting. I googled it and learned about something "new to me". Sounds like a fun gun!
The lil silver tube on bottom of stock skeleton hold extra rounds.....